snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > The Bad Gastronomer

Old 27 August 2016, 02:47 AM

Icon84 Krispy Kreme Creates Reese's Peanut Butter Doughnuts

What’s more indulgent than a gooey Krispy Kreme doughnut, fresh from the fryer? One that’s stuffed with Reese's peanut butter sauce. According to Thrillist, the global pastry chain has joined forces with Reese’s to create a candy bar-doughnut hybrid.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...uts/ar-BBw672Q
Old 27 August 2016, 02:49 PM

Ha! Subtract the crumbles on top and our company has had "Peanut Butter Cup" donuts for a couple years now. Personally? Yuk! We also have peanut butter and Jelly donuts, also yuk. People like 'em though.
Old 27 August 2016, 02:51 PM

Tim Horton's and Reese have already created something similar, at least for the Canadian market anyway, eh.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/promos/reese-donut.php
Old 27 August 2016, 04:08 PM

Icon23

If I am going to have a peanut butter cup based treat, it's either going to be Klondikes or the Kroger PB cup ice cream (reduced fat and sugar). Doughnuts do little for me, but frozen dairy in its various incarnations - mmmmmmm.
Old 28 August 2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
Doughnuts do little for me, but frozen dairy in its various incarnations - mmmmmmm.
Magnum has a double peanut butter ice cream bar, which is even sold in Switzerland.
Quote:
Peanut butter flavoured ice cream dipped in a chocolatey coating and luscious peanut butter sauce, wrapped in Magnum chocolate.
It's really good, but I wish I could find the mini version - a full size one is way too much.

I feel like I saw this already - maybe they already did it in the UK? Just checked - they do have Reese's Peanut Butter & Jelly.

Now I want a lemon-filled donut. There are 3 Dunkin Donut branches in Switzerland, and only 2 of them are even open on Sunday. Doesn't matter. They don't have lemon-filled, and there's no where else that would have anything similar. Most donuts here are lies - they look like donuts but have the texture of sweet bread, not the pillowy softness of a fresh Krispy Kreme.
Old 29 August 2016, 07:17 AM

I never really got the obsession with Krispy Kreme. They taste like regular donuts to me. If anything, I guess I like mine a little stale, when the icing hardens slightly. Anyway, there's a place in my neighborhood called California Donuts and they've long had chocolate frosted donuts with all types of candy on them, including peanut butter cups, and they will be the death of me.
Old 29 August 2016, 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Die Capacitrix;1926833Magnum has a double peanut butter ice cream bar, which is even sold in Switzerland. It's really good, but I wish I could find the mini version - a full size one is way too much.[/QUOTE]

And here I thought a box was a single-serving package.
Old 29 August 2016, 03:31 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprise Me View Post
I never really got the obsession with Krispy Kreme. They taste like regular donuts to me.
Me neither. KK to me are mediocre dough soaked in sugar water.

As far as I can tell, they use the same flavorless dough in all their doughnuts, even when they're supposed to be krullers and/or flavored.

Seaboe
Old 29 August 2016, 03:42 PM

I know a lot of people think boutique cupcake/doughnut/pie/etc shops are stupid, but if I'm going to blow a meal's worth of calories on a treat, it's going to be a good one. My local (although they've also expanded to Toronto) doughnut shop has a really good peanut butter cup doughnut, but my favourite is the S'more, topped with a hand made toasted marshmallow.

Ugh. I think I might have to have a doughnut for lunch.