snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Inboxer Rebellion

Old 19 March 2016, 05:14 PM

Florida From a Florida ER doctor

I live and work in a state overrun with Illegal's. They make more money having kids than we earn working full-time.

Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that's right 8, all Illegal Anchor Babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, hand bag, clothing, etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for each; you do the math.

I used to say, "We are the dumbest nation on earth," Now I must say and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME) for we Elected the Idiot Ideologues who have passed the Bills that allow this. Sorry, but we need a Revolution.

If the Illegal Immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004. She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22' (notch) for her. It is interesting that the Federal Government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional $580 in Social Assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month. This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in Old Age Pension and Guaranteed

Maybe our Pensioners should apply as Refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the Refugees cut back to $1,012 and the Pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW
Old 19 March 2016, 07:19 PM

Gosh, if popping out babies is so lucrative, why are there so many single parents who struggle to make ends meet?
Old 19 March 2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
Gosh, if popping out babies is so lucrative, why are there so many single parents who struggle to make ends meet?
Because you have to be an "illegal" to be paid $1,500 a month per child. Duh.
Old 19 March 2016, 10:46 PM

"Anchor Babies" are not illegal.
Old 21 March 2016, 02:49 AM

I like the appeal to authority in this.

Please tell me where I can turn in my citizenship and pick up my anchor baby to earn this mythical money.
Old 21 March 2016, 01:08 PM

I like how they swing between "illegal" and "refugee" as if those terms were similar.
Old 22 March 2016, 12:55 AM

Mouse

If she's 25 and has 8 kids, than the poor women has probably been pregnant or nursing since the cusp of puberty, something that most would find appalling. Here's a hint: illegal or "anchor" babies take as long to gestate as good ol' American ones and pregnancy takes a physical toll on someone regardless of their immigration status. So forgive me for being more sensitive to the woman trying to eke out an existence on government benefits, than for some bigoted sanctimonious turd of an ER doctor.
Old 22 March 2016, 01:36 AM

I think this has been posted before.

A quick question for the ER MD; how much did you charge the lady for the 3 minutes you actually spoke with her?
Old 22 March 2016, 01:45 AM

Here it is, looks a bit different but "There's a 25-year-old illegal immigrant woman living in Florida, with eight kids. Yes, eight 'anchor babies' and she receives just shy of $1,500 per month per kid, plus medical, plus food stamps." sounds like it is from the same original source.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread...+Anchor+Babies
Old 22 March 2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
If she's 25 and has 8 kids, than the poor women has probably been pregnant or nursing since the cusp of puberty, something that most would find appalling.
Maybe she's prone to triplets.
Old 22 March 2016, 12:26 PM

Mexico

How many people 65 and older come to this country illegally or come here at all? Or does the government pay for a cruise from Puerto Vallarta to this country?
Old 22 March 2016, 03:30 PM

I've seen similar screeds on Facebook purporting to be from ER doctors, but except the "illegal" part, the patient has the latest smartphone, impeccably manicured nails, hair extensions, and several kids for whom she presents Medicaid cards(and is highly implied to be African-American).
Old 22 March 2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittykins View Post
I've seen similar screeds on Facebook purporting to be from ER doctors, but except the "illegal" part, the patient has the latest smartphone, impeccably manicured nails, hair extensions, and several kids for whom she presents Medicaid cards(and is highly implied to be African-American).
Must have some sort of a cycle or it's from Mad Libs.
Old 22 March 2016, 05:34 PM

There are always going to be people who have figured out a way to game the system. I'm related to a few of them . That said if the situation is so dire why does someone need to post screeds like this one and basically make most of it up? Could it be because the real amounts people can "get for absolutely free from the government, that's right, absolutely free!!" aren't going to make most people nearly as angry as the fake amounts?
Old 22 March 2016, 08:55 PM

D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
If the Illegal Immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004. She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22' (notch) for her.
Where do they get this stuff?

a) You cannot collect SSI if you are not a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted non-citizen and/or you have never worked in a job where you paid U.S. Social Security taxes.

b) Medicaid pays for medical services; it isn't a program under which the government gives you money.

c) Someone whose only income was a $791 monthly Social Security payment would be eligible for Medicaid.
Old 22 March 2016, 09:16 PM

They make most of it up no doubt but we have a similar Canadian based rant that hits FB every now and then that claims (among other things) that refugees get more money per month than our pensioners do. The tiny grain of truth in that one is that most refugees do get some extra financial assistance when they first come to Canada. The nasty rant conveniently forgets that (a) we are talking about people who have come here with nothing and (b) that the money they receive is not a monthly stipend that never ends.

Of course it doesn't matter how often these rants gets challenged they keep resurfacing and there always people out there eager to believe them.
Old 22 March 2016, 09:17 PM

Canada

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/refugees.asp