snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > The Bad Gastronomer

Old 14 September 2013, 02:23 AM

Icon86 Man says he has eaten 12,000 Big Macs

A salesman says he has eaten 12,000 Big Macs over the past 30 years, only taking a break from the burger on Sunday.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/fre...-big-macs.html
Old 16 September 2013, 11:02 AM

Icon05

The obvious question is: Why?
Old 16 September 2013, 12:06 PM

Some people take comfort in a familiar routine.

Nick
Old 16 September 2013, 02:27 PM

Icon215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater View Post
The obvious question is: Why?
The obvious reply to your question is another question: why not?

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Cause and I'd certainly go with Quarter Pounders myself, but I'm not a hater or anything like that. If some people choose to believe, wrongly, that the Big Mac is the superior burger then they are free to do so and it will be up to a just and angry god to punish them for their wickedness and sins against the almighty Qauarter Pounder. It's not my place to judge, only to educate the willing and convert the lost. To everyone else, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, enjoy your demon burger.

PBUTB

Old 16 September 2013, 02:31 PM

Burger King doesn't sell any product referred to as a Quarter Pounder (or Royale with cheese) in the US. Do you mean the Whopper as that has 1/4* of beef?

* Weight before cooking.
Old 16 September 2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Burger King doesn't sell any product referred to as a Quarter Pounder (or Royale with cheese) in the US.
Maybe ASL prefers McDonalds' Quarter Pounder to their Big Mac?
Old 16 September 2013, 02:38 PM

and maybe GenYus was joking about Burger King being the only proper choice for a fast food burger.

although for me, if I am not going with a sale item or 'value menu' item, I'd choose Hardee's/Carl's for a fast food burger (although I have heard of some other FF chains I would give fair consideration to, like Whattaburger))
Old 16 September 2013, 02:45 PM

Actually, Five Guys is the only proper choice for a fast food burger, but their names aren't as obvious or well known as BK.
Old 16 September 2013, 03:01 PM

Icon215

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Divisive One View Post
The False McDonalds doesn't sell any product referred to as a Quarter Pounder (or Royale with cheese) in the US. Do you mean the as that has 1/4* of beef?

* Weight before cooking.
For those who don't want to go to hell, I've selectively quoted and cropped The Divisive One's post so you can read it without risking your everlasting colon.

We believe that he who eats from That Which Shall Not Be Named is forever lost: he shall spend eternity roasting on a spit above a methane grill. Though you may be hungry, partake not of false burgers: for as He told us the meat of the Dark Burger will not avail you. Though it may satisfy in this life, in the eternal life hereafter the unrepentant devourors of false burgers may eat Not of the True Burger: ALWAYS must you eat of a false burger, for though it might appear to your eyes as a patty of ground beef true, verily it will turn to charcoal in thy mouth and though you may try heartily to wash the charcoal from thy mouth with cold beverage, the beverage shall be as boiling vinegar unto thy throat.

Seek not to eat from evil resturaunts. He who eats truly shall be rewarded Truly with an eternal supply of quarter pound burgers weight measured after cooking. Mayor McCheese would have told us were it not so.

PBUTHB
Old 16 September 2013, 03:12 PM

For ye now see how the grease of the fried evil shall result in the oily words of the partaker! Flame is the great purifier of life! Flame shall be the purifier of the burger!
Old 16 September 2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Actually, Five Guys is the only proper choice for a fast food burger, but their names aren't as obvious or well known as BK.
I would have mentioned it, but I am not sure they actually qualify as 'fast food'.
Old 16 September 2013, 03:19 PM

For me, the delineation is that you order and pickup your food at the counter instead of having a server take the order and deliver the food.
Old 16 September 2013, 03:32 PM

I actually succumbed to temptation and enjoyed a Five Guys burger yesterday, but I've since repented by ritually shotgunning a diet coke followed by a recitation of The Mysteries of McDonaldland in front of my Mayor McCheese figurine and all has been forgiven.
Old 16 September 2013, 03:53 PM

Actually, it makes sense that McDonalds' is a religion. Like self-flagellation or *shudder* eating a Big Mac, people will do horrible things to themselves in the name of religion.
Old 16 September 2013, 04:05 PM

Devil

Enjoy chowing down on charcoal and kicking back boiling vinegar while being roasted on a methane grill with uneven heating, then. I'll be spending MY afterlife chowin' down on evenly-cooked propane-grilled QPs, laughin' it up as I taste the meat, not the heat between righteous cold Alamo Beers. Mileage varies, and I think you'll find yours takes you straight to everlasting torment.

To be clear, I don't hate you or anything like that, actually I love you to death, but I do believe you're going to spend eternity as I just described and I can't help but chuckle at your foolishness. May the good Mayor smile upon you and bless you with a thousand fries!
Old 16 September 2013, 04:25 PM

I don't hate the eater, I hate the palate.
Old 16 September 2013, 04:46 PM

People..People..People. All burgers are mere manifestations of the One Great Burger in the sky. All burgers come from it, and it is made of all burgers. Rather than focusing your fanaticism on one kind of burger, you should contemplate on the nature of the One Great Burger instead. Through intense meditation and ruminification of burgers can you achieve Burger-vana and taste the real taste of the One Great Burger
Old 16 September 2013, 04:51 PM

Heretic. Everyone knows that the burger is the only begotten son of His Noodlieness. Sent here to be burned on the grill for our sin of frying.
Old 16 September 2013, 05:08 PM

Could it be? The one the prophecies foretold, the great round burger that floats between the clouds, unencumbered by buns and born of the weight differential between pre-cooked and cooked Quarter Pounders!?
Old 16 September 2013, 06:31 PM

Canada

The fool hath said in his heart, "Bah dah bah bah bah, I'm lovin' it". Blessed are the meats, for theirs shall be the Burger Kingdom of God.