snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Glurge Gallery

Old 04 May 2007, 04:58 AM

Default Amazing picture

This was sent by a friend - the picture accompanying is of a double rainbow over a bare branched tree.

Quote:
Amazing picture!

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Don't be afraid that your life will end,
be afraid that it will never begin.

Send this to all of your friends in the next 5 minutes
and a miracle will happen tonight
Dropbear
Old 04 May 2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.

So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt...
Yeah, all of the depressing shit you just told me about really makes me want to laugh and love people.
Old 04 May 2007, 11:28 AM

Heck with all that... just make sure that you have a DVD of "Field of Dreams" handy whenever you feel depressed. Who needs friends? Or to go outside? Or love?

ham "if you build it, he will come" bubba
Old 04 May 2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt...
Remember kids, denial is the best way to deal with grief! Surpress that rage, along with your meatloaf!
Old 07 May 2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
And every sixty seconds I spend reading this drivel is a minute of fun I'll never get back.

EDIT: Unless it's here, of course.
Old 07 May 2007, 11:09 PM

I hate this sort of sentiment. You can't tell an upset person to 'be happy!' any more than you can tell a person with a broken leg to carry on walking and stop being in pain, you big wuss.

You can smile and grin and pretend you mean it but if you're upset about something then you can't just suddenly decide 'hey - life's too short! I'll be happy and smile and canter in the meadows!'.

Life is about the bad things as well as the good, in so much as life is about anything at all. Pretending bad things haven't happened does nobody any favours and sometimes you need to let it out to make you feel better. Sometimes you can't help it at all, especially if you're depressed, and sometimes you'd really, really like to be happy but can't. Spam messages aren't going to cheer everybody up, no matter how many miracles they promise. They only make people who feel happy and contented already to go 'ooooh, that's a good message' and forward it.