snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Disney

Old 15 November 2010, 04:19 PM

Disney 'Disney Tattoo Guy' trading his passion for new love

George Reiger's small world has gotten bigger.

Once a lonely postal worker known as the "Disney Tattoo Guy" for the 2,200 Disney images inked on his body, he is selling his 5,000-piece Disney collection and getting rid of the body art so that he can be with his very own Disney princess.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._new_love.html
Old 15 November 2010, 09:41 PM

Icon101

Quote:
he now says that he lied and that he was as lonely as Quasimodo and got tattooed because he craved attention.

Last September, he found his Esmeralda.
One wonders if the author even saw the movie (much less read the book, or even Cliff notes). It may be Disneyfied, but Quasimodo still doesn't get the girl in this one either.
Old 16 November 2010, 07:05 PM
Zariel

Squirrel

Here's a video of his house/collection from at least 2007, it's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAHM_335lNc

He didn't show or mention his tattoos though.
Old 24 November 2010, 02:41 PM

Here's to hoping this marriage lasts a looooong time & if there is a divorce, I hope he doesn't regret this decision.
Old 22 December 2010, 01:42 AM
sunflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIAG View Post
Here's to hoping this marriage lasts a looooong time & if there is a divorce, I hope he doesn't regret this decision.
Agreed - I personally can't imagine giving up something that was such a big part of my life. I hope that he has really thought it through - some of that stuff would be darn near impossible to replace.
Old 22 December 2010, 06:33 PM

Jaded

Quote:
Once a lonely postal worker known as the "Disney Tattoo Guy" for the 2,200 Disney images inked on his body
I kind've doubt he has 2,200 Disney images tattooed on his body. To put that number into perspective, Disney Corp. have released about 50 animated motion pictures in cinemas and if he only used characters from those he'd need to have over 40 characters from each film.
Even if he used characters from the animated shorts, TV shows and comic books and even if he doubled up on a lot of them (he claims he has about 186 different Mickeys tattooed on his body) there's just not room for that many separate tattoos. Check out these photos and you'll see that he only has a few dozen characters tattooed on each arm, leg, etc.. That's still a lot but it won't add up to more than a couple hundred in total.
Old 30 December 2010, 01:04 PM
WHATEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter Monkey View Post
I kind've doubt he has 2,200 Disney images tattooed on his body.
Really??? Did you look at the pictures? There are more than "a dozen" tats on each arm, leg, etc. Some of those images are very small. PLUS, he has them all over his stomach and back. There could very easily be a couple thousand...
Old 07 November 2011, 12:24 AM

Officials: 'Disney Tattoo Guy' attacked, imprisoned woman

http://articles.mcall.com/2011-07-08...y-disney-parks

..In an arrest affidavit, the Orange County, Fla., sheriff's office said Reiger, 57, and an unidentified woman he referred to as his fiancée had an argument that turned physical...

Guess they didn't have a happy ending after all.

MG
Old 07 November 2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Reiger's story was never quite what it seemed. He routinely told admirers he had been divorced six times because his wives couldn't compete with Disney. But last year, he told media outlets he had never been married, and only used the anecdote to make his story more compelling. However, Lehigh County court records indicate he and his wife of 13 years divorced in August.
Assuming that's August of this year, and he met the "woman he was giving up Disney for" last year, I assume that's the reason he got divorced. I can't imagine that someone who is disinterested in something you've devoted your life to would be "the one" and I have to wonder if the woman in the recent incident is even the same one from last year. He clearly has serious issues.