snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 18 April 2007, 03:42 AM

Yow! A grandma living in denial (NSFW)

Old 18 April 2007, 03:59 AM
PrometheusX303

Fright

She certainly is popular!

Might she be a woman with an eating disorder and too much tanning? The boobs have to be implants...
Old 18 April 2007, 04:09 AM

Yes, her breasts do appear very unnatural for her body. Not sure what to make of the skin, though.

I went to the website http://largado.futeboltotal.com but I don't know enough Spanish (Portuguese?) to be able to read the blogs.
Old 18 April 2007, 04:16 AM

I wonder how old those implants are. This is kind of inevitable, isn't it, weird aging?

I think the need to be sexual at such an advanced age is sad, but if she's happy, I wouldn't be offended.
Old 18 April 2007, 04:18 AM

ETA: Her breasts are without a shadow of a doubt implants.
ETA2: In case anyone was unsure.
Old 18 April 2007, 04:30 AM

There was a woman who looked similar at a gym I went to in West Hollywood. I'm not sure if it's the same woman or not.
Old 18 April 2007, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I think the need to be sexual at such an advanced age is sad, but if she's happy, I wouldn't be offended.
Whatís wrong with older people being comfortable with their sexuality, and confident enough to express it in public? People donít become some generic, sexless old person at a predetermined age - these folks are still men and women, and they still have the same (or similar) desires, wants, and needs as when they were younger. The Penis Policeô donít come around on your 60th birthday to re-certify the body part for urination only. Adults of all ages have every right to enjoyable, active sex lives and part of that includes dressing in ways that make them feel attractive. Just because you passed some milestone age doesnít mean you have to wear angle-length dresses and long sleeve shirts for the rest of your life.

If, when Iím her age, I am just half as self-confident as this woman appears to be then Iíll walk away satisfied.
Old 18 April 2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallah View Post
What’s wrong with older people being comfortable with their sexuality, and confident enough to express it in public? People don’t become some generic, sexless old person at a predetermined age - these folks are still men and women, and they still have the same (or similar) desires, wants, and needs as when they were younger. The Penis Police™ don’t come around on your 60th birthday to re-certify the body part for urination only. Adults of all ages have every right to enjoyable, active sex lives and part of that includes dressing in ways that make them feel attractive. Just because you passed some milestone age doesn’t mean you have to wear angle-length dresses and long sleeve shirts for the rest of your life.

If, when I’m her age, I am just half as self-confident as this woman appears to be then I’ll walk away satisfied.
Is this true? Obviously I can't ask them outright about this sort of thing, but I think both pairs of my grandparents sleep apart. More generally, I've observed a lot less interest in sexual matters among the elderly than among younger people (although again, I can't really ask people).
Old 18 April 2007, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Is this true? Obviously I can't ask them outright about this sort of thing, but I think both pairs of my grandparents sleep apart. More generally, I've observed a lot less interest in sexual matters among the elderly than among younger people (although again, I can't really ask people).
I was very careful to say that all older men and women have a right (or perhaps choice would be a better word) to an active sex life - that doesnít mean that all, or even many, of them choose to maintain one. There are a slew of reasons that might keep older folks from walking around in a bikini or purchasing a Love Swing, ranging from outside pressure (perhaps they are ashamed of how their body looks, now that it isnít young and pretty) to plain old medical (itís hard to twist yourself into a pretzel when your arthritis is acting up). That doesnít mean they donít want to express that side of them, or that they donít have a sexual side, it just means they choose not to show it or act on it. From the very limited number of people over 50 with whom Iíve been able to talk about such things, all of them are either sexually active or wish they could be. Oh, and mom, if you're reading this, I love you to death but I didnít want details.
Old 18 April 2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon View Post
No, of course it is not true. If it were true, there would be some sort of drug to allow old men to have sex even when their equipment doesn't work on its own anymore, and it would be a huge seller. Since there is no such drug, it can't be true.
Old 18 April 2007, 08:39 AM
Mnotr2

AAAAHHHH! My eyes!

*Must pay attention to NSFW warning*
Old 18 April 2007, 08:51 AM
PrometheusX303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervus View Post
Yes, her breasts do appear very unnatural for her body. Not sure what to make of the skin, though.

I went to the website http://largado.futeboltotal.com but I don't know enough Spanish (Portuguese?) to be able to read the blogs.
It's Portuguese. Running it through Babelfish helps a bit.

ETA: She's quite tall and has good posture for a "grandma"

Last edited by PrometheusX303; 18 April 2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: (¨_¨)/Į
Old 18 April 2007, 08:56 AM

Default NSFW Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusX303 View Post
It's Portuguese. Running it through Babelfish helps a bit.
I tried that a few minutes ago.

NSFW picture about 1/3 of the way down down (not the ones in the OP.)

Last edited by Eddylizard; 18 April 2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 18 April 2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
On Easter, when all the relatives were together, one of my cousin-in-laws started talking about being surprised to find out that my 60+ year old parents were still "doing it" (thanks, Jo - by the way - for that image). She said, "I wonder when the desire does go completely away." My 85 year old grandmother answered, "It doesn't."
Old 18 April 2007, 10:24 AM

I hope the pictures serve as reminder to always protect your skin when going out in the sun. Or you too could end up looking leathery.
Old 18 April 2007, 10:31 AM
songs78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervus View Post

It's a Brazilian site so I am pretty sure it is Portuguese.
Old 18 April 2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Well, family examples: Apparently my grandparents on my dad's side were pretty healthily going along until Grandpa had his prostate surgery in his mid-70's. Even then, Mom would periodically catch Grandpa patting Grandma on the butt as he passed by.

As far as my own parents? They were quite healthily going along until just a couple of months before Dad's lung cancer surgery last year. Dad was 69, Mom was 68.

Heck, I remember just about two years ago, Mom was bemoaning the fact that, because of age, they had "slowed down" to twice a week.

If heredity has anything to do with it, then I'm looking forward to a very long, happy existence.
Old 18 April 2007, 12:12 PM

There's something odd about the wrinkling. If you look at her face, she doesn't look that OLD, just wrinkled. Given the seeming "thinness" of her arms and legs, it looks like there's also too much meat on the butt (ew...) I wonder if we are looking at a younger person with some... condition...
Old 18 April 2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambubba View Post
There's something odd about the wrinkling. If you look at her face, she doesn't look that OLD, just wrinkled. Given the seeming "thinness" of her arms and legs, it looks like there's also too much meat on the butt (ew...) I wonder if we are looking at a younger person with some... condition...
It's called sun abuse.
Old 18 April 2007, 01:35 PM
Doug4.7

Fright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm View Post
It's called sun abuse.
WHen I was a teen, my family went to Hawaii for a vacation. I bought a pair of reflective sunglasses so that I could "look" without looking. The very first thing I saw was a lady similar to this one who had obviously been out in the sun for most of her 80+ years (at least that's how old she looked). She looked like a walking leather couch . Not what I was wanting to see on the beach.