snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 09 November 2010, 04:16 PM

Default NFL cheerleaders "Kick Breast Cancer" campaign

Comment: I got this email regarding the Komen Foundation. Is this true?
Great video. If it is true I will watch many times.

Old 13 November 2010, 01:04 AM
duras

It would seem as though it's true:

"UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania is thrilled to have this one-of-a-kind opportunity to support the life-saving work of the Komen Philadelphia Affiliate, and, in doing so, exemplify our commitment to 'Helping People Live Healthier Lives.'," said Sue Shick, CEO of UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania. "The 10-per-view mechanism embodies some of the most important messages we want to communicate. One, everyone can make a difference in the quest to end breast cancer. And, two, every penny counts when it comes to saving lives. Every 69 seconds, someone in the world dies of breast cancer. With this inspiring 4-minute video, we're giving the world a concrete way to better these odds... and at the end of the day, we will show that when everyone comes together for the common good, anything is possible -- including a future without breast cancer."

http://www.komenphiladelphia.org/tea...breast-cancer/

I wonder how many women die of breast cancer each year when UnitedHealthcare denies their coverage to give their CEO a bigger bonus.