snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 02 November 2010, 05:26 AM

Icon27 How JFK was really killed

Comment: HOW JFK WAS REALLY KILLED ...

I never saw or heard this one before...
It also explains why the limousine slowed down during the shooting. I remember Lyndon Johnson saying on TV the day after the Kennedy assassination that the world would never know all the facts surrounding Kennedys killing for 75 years until the complete file of information would be revealed. I also remember Walter Cronkite announcing on TV, that the Nation could not handle the full truth in that Century. Well, only 47 years have passed since Kennedy’s assassination.

This is hard to fake and is very chilling ... who was driving?

This video shows the limousine chauffeur that takes President J.F.K. and his wife, November 22nd 1963 in Dallas, Texas, shooting the gun with his left hand.

This was the video that the CIA did not show to the public view. And did you ask yourself why was Jackie trying to run away towards the trunk, away from the front of the car? And why did JFK's skull wound was in the front, when supposedly Oswald shot him from the back??

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...rrent=jfk1.mp4
Old 02 November 2010, 05:55 AM

I'm not big with the JFK conspiracy theories ... is this a new one?

Watched the video. Several times. Can NOT see what the driver is doing. There just isn't the quality. Can not see a muzzle flash. Um ... I'm going with, if he moved at all, it was a "WTF just happened?" reaction, then turning forward again because ... well ... he's driving and it's not really safe to be looking behind you much while in charge of a vehicle moving forwards.
Old 02 November 2010, 06:08 AM

Ponder

You'd think the people sitting right next to and right behind the driver (i.e., Gov. Connolly and Jackie Kennedy) would have noticed his turning around and shooting the other occupant of the back seat.
Old 02 November 2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
And did you ask yourself why was Jackie trying to run away towards the trunk, away from the front of the car?
Because it can be extremely hard to locate the source of sniper fire from just hearing the shots and she probably didn't know where the shots were coming from. And because if her immediate reactions was to get out of the vehicle, going back over the truck would be easier then trying to crawl over the driver, the windshield, the hood, and in front of a still moving car.

Quote:
And why did JFK's skull wound was in the front, when supposedly Oswald shot him from the back??
The front? The entire back and top of his head was gone!
Old 02 November 2010, 08:51 AM

I think the usual explanation is that she helped the guard to climb into the car, which you can clearly see in the film clip.
Old 02 November 2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
You'd think the people sitting right next to and right behind the driver (i.e., Gov. Connolly and Jackie Kennedy) would have noticed his turning around and shooting the other occupant of the back seat.
Gov. and Mrs. Connolly were both behind the driver (Mrs. Connolly directly behind the driver and infront of Jackie Kennedy). There was another Secret Service agent sitting next to the driver.

The driver would have had to shoot over his shoulder, while driving, shoot between Governor and Mrs. Connolly, somehow keeping them from noticing a gun going off inches from their faces, keep control of the car and avoid the notice of the other agent. Tough job!

What they are calling the gun in the driver's hand is the light reflecting off the head of the agent sitting next to him (notice the light on the heads of the others in the car).

You're right that someone in the car (not to mention all the people lining the street) would have seen something had the driver done it.

MacLloyd
Old 02 November 2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
I remember Lyndon Johnson saying on TV the day after the Kennedy assassination that the world would never know all the facts surrounding Kennedys killing for 75 years until the complete file of information would be revealed.
Why would he say that on TV? If you're conspiring to hide the facts from the public, why tell the public you're hiding them?

Quote:
I also remember Walter Cronkite announcing on TV, that the Nation could not handle the full truth in that Century.
So Cronkite was in on it?
Old 02 November 2010, 02:30 PM

Canada

I'm pretty sure that everyone who appeared on the zapruder film, and even zapruder himself, at some point in the last 47 years have been "proven" to have shot JFK.
Old 02 November 2010, 02:40 PM

So if the shot came from the front of the car, why is the blood and brain matter (sorry folks) so clearly coming out the front of JFK's head? It must be a secret CIA experimental gun that reverses the laws of physics!
Old 02 November 2010, 02:53 PM

There's a video to a frame-by-frame rebuttal of this theory in this thread.
Old 02 November 2010, 03:22 PM

I like to think this story was made up by someone trying to prove that you can make the most absolutely rediculous claim (the President was shot in the middle of all those people specifically looking at him, filming him, photographing him, by someone in the same open car, but nobody noticed the gun or action) and conspiracy theorists will still believe that rather than the accepted truth.
Old 02 November 2010, 06:46 PM

That, mags, makes more sense than any other explanation of this video claim, to me. You might have nailed that.

Kind of like the eating spiders while you sleep story...
Old 02 November 2010, 07:01 PM

JFK was shot by the lady in the Charlie Chaplin film. She was getting her final instructions via cell phone.
Old 02 November 2010, 07:08 PM

You better watch your back GenYus. You have figured it out and now she will be coming after you. DUM...Dum..Dum.
Old 02 November 2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post
but nobody noticed the gun or action
Add the words "except me" and you have, what I believe to be, the heart of most conspiracy advocates belief. That they were the only person smart enough to figure it out. Everyone else was so busy buying into the official version of the event that they were blind to what actually happened.

You look at the film and you see what the gubermint told you was there, not what actually happened. They have redirected your attention to the things they want you to see instead of what really happened. I (the conspiracy advocate, not actually me) was the only one able to see past the smoke and mirrors and find the truth. It's so obvious once it's been pointed out. Now, if you'll just ignore everything else and only listen to what the consiracy advocate tells you to see, you will believe it too.
Old 02 November 2010, 11:30 PM

Really, it's embarrassing how often somebody comes up with a "never thought of until this minute" spin on a conspiracy that's been debunked countless times.
Old 03 November 2010, 01:58 AM

I gotta say that for people that just heard a gunshot from inside the car, they sure didn't react much (except JFK due to the shot itself).

OY
Old 14 November 2010, 06:44 AM

Blow Your Top Jackie's words as JFK was shot are revealed

The secret service agent who was at John F Kennedy’s side on the day he was assassinated has spoken for the first time of the moment he was killed.

Clint Hill told how he saw the former U.S. President collapse into the back of his car and into his wife’s blood-splattered arms after being shot while driving through Dallas in November 1963.

The couple were rushed to hospital and on the way Jacqui Kennedy looked at her dying husband and said: ‘What have they done? What have they done?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ssination.html
Old 14 November 2010, 05:51 PM

OMG, it really WAS a conspiracy! Jackie knew it was a "they" not a "he"!!!! ZOMG!!!