snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 01 February 2010, 08:17 PM

Skull Facebook murder (disturbing images)

Comment: Please can you verify if the story and pictures are legitmate or not?

A reminder to those who are on facebook not to give too much of your
personal details!! OK this is all in Spanish so Iíll tell the story quick. The
girl in the picture posted the nice looking pictures on Facebook and of
course she got like a million friend request she accepted all of them.
One of the guys started asking her to meet up and I guess to have sex
she deny him but since it was Facebook she had put all her info there
too so he had her address phone number etc etc so he showed up at
her place and then the last 4 pictures tell the story of what happen.

Old 01 February 2010, 08:46 PM

Do a lot of people have their full address in their profiles? Some of my facebook friends don't even have their current city, and I haven't seen any with a full address.
Old 01 February 2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post
Do a lot of people have their full address in their profiles? Some of my facebook friends don't even have their current city, and I haven't seen any with a full address.
Some people do, but typically have it restricted to being viewed by friends only.
Old 02 February 2010, 06:38 AM

But don't you see:

Quote:
The girl in the picture posted the nice looking pictures on Facebook and of course she got like a million friend request she accepted all of them.
While the adivse is sound, I doubt the death lady in the OP has anything to do with facebook. Wouldn't a violent stalker inflict more than just the one headwound?

Don "not a medical examiner, but I've seen one on TV" Enrico
Old 02 February 2010, 07:01 AM

Borg

Can't really say, that involves a lot of guessing about intent and motivation even with information about the suspect, and in this case, we don't even have that.

Also, there's one visible wound to her forehead, but that may not have necessarily been what killed her. The first picture of her in the morgue (WTF is up with the Mickey Mouse blanket curtain thing?!) seems to show strips of fabric on her arms and possibly a gag in her mouth. There's some spots on her face around the eyes that could be petechiae, or tiny hemorrhages that can be caused by strangulation. There's also an area of bruising above her eye, which may be from other impacts that just didn't break the skin. The other eye looks blackened, and that could be a result of major head trauma like an impact to the back of the head.
Old 02 February 2010, 02:34 PM

What I see is a woman in a bikini who (according to the source) posted some of the pictures on FaceBook. Next I see the same woman (I assume) also in a bikini on the Medical Examiner's table. Everthing else requires great leaps to move from correlation to causation.

- P

{ETA} IME, the thing across her cheek is actually her neck chain. It could have fallen across her mouth as she was being moved and then repositioned between pictures. The fabric around her arms may have less to do with her death than with what happened after her body was discovered. EMTs Paramedics and/or hospital personnel would likely have cut her shirt or jacket to inspect for additional injuries. Contrary to what we usually see on crime shows, there are many-many things that happen to a body between fatal injury and the ME's table.

Last edited by ParaDiddle; 02 February 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02 February 2010, 05:11 PM

Ahh, I see the necklace now. Missed it in the last pictures. Makes sense, not seeing it in the later pictures I thought it was something removed from her.

I noticed the material on the arms and thought it was a shirt at first, but there's no back left on it, and unless it was really, really tiny to start with, it doesn't make sense for just those two little pieces to be left. Maybe they do things differently wherever this happened at, but I've never seen EMTs cut clothing on a victim and leave pieces of it on them. Just seems weird unless there's a reason it was left.
Old 02 February 2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post
Is there a facility to enter a phone number even if you were dumb enough to want to? I've never seen that.
Old 02 February 2010, 06:40 PM

Yes. I've seen some profiles with phone numbers.
Old 03 February 2010, 01:59 AM

Some people are also stupid enough to post for everyone to see, "Hey, my new cell number is 555-####.)
Old 03 February 2010, 04:35 AM

I'm not sure that the girl in the pink bikini is the same girl in the blue dress, the shape of the jaw looks differeent and the whole face of the bikini girl is more rectangular and the blue girl's face looks more heart shaped. Also on zooming in it looks like the nose of the bikini girl is flatter along the bottom and the blue girl's nose is more pointed at the bottom and the bikini girl's upper lip is closer to her nose than the other girl. It could be the same girl, there is a resemblance but if you ignore the basketballs under the bra then they don't look like it's the same girl to me.

As for the "autopsy photos", they are out of order. Numbers 1 and 4 were taken together, then the body was moved slightly; the necklace moved from across her mouth; the blood on the chin wiped; the plaid fabric removed; the position of the arms reversed; then photos 2 and 3 were taken.

It looks like the dead girl has had her eyebrows tattooed.
Old 03 February 2010, 05:06 AM

Not only don't bikini girl and blue dress girl look to be the same to me, but IMO we're actually seeing 3 different girls.

And if either of the first two are of the dead girl I would have to wonder why someone who had access to all of the photos would post them on the net. I wouldn't think that someone who knew the girl would have access to the death photos and and I have no idea why anyone who had the death photos in the first place, would get a live photo and post them anywhere- except for sick kicks maybe.
Old 03 February 2010, 03:08 PM

Cell Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post
Yes. I've seen some profiles with phone numbers.
I've had my cell number on Facebook for several years. I've never gotten so much as a prank call.
Old 03 February 2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
I've had my cell number on Facebook for several years. I've never gotten so much as a prank call.
I knew I was doing something wrong
Old 03 February 2010, 07:11 PM

Is the girl even dead in the later pictures? To me it looks like one of those "corpse actors" like on CSI.
Old 04 February 2010, 02:50 PM

Her boobs still look awesome though! I'm sure, if she's really dead, she thought she'd outlive her boobs.

It looks like the same bikini on the "dead" girl in the last 3 pics. But her nose & mouth look very different from the first 2 pics of the living girl.

The "dead" girl doesn't look like she has braces. If her lips were inflated due to trauma, wouldn't her lips be cut up from the braces if she had them?

The girl in the "dead" pics may really be dead but I don't think it's the same girl in the first 2 pics.
Old 04 February 2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIAG View Post
Her boobs still look awesome though!
Despite having watched enough horror movies for enough years to be desensitized to certain things, I'm not yet of the frame of mind that I can find boobs covered in blood to be awesome. I really hope I don't ever get there.

Quote:
I'm sure, if she's really dead, she thought she'd outlive her boobs.
I can't say I'm sure, but I would guess she never thought about whether she'd outlive her breasts or not. If she did I'd lean more towards her thinking they'd last even after she died a natural death at an old age and decomposed. At least I hope that people who get implants have that basic understanding of what they're made of before they have them surgically placed inside their bodies.

Quote:
It looks like the same bikini on the "dead" girl in the last 3 pics.
I disagree. The living girl's bikini is plain hot pink, the dead girl's bikini looks to be a lighter shade and appears to have a pattern or texture of some sort (sequins, perhaps).
Old 04 February 2010, 06:36 PM

I meant that the bikini in the last 3 pics looks like the same bikini in all 3 pics of the "dead" girl. The bikini on the girl in the 2nd pic resembles the other one in color only. The one on the "dead" girl looks like it's crocheted or beaded or something that's not a solid fabric, while the one on the live girl looks solid.

Hey, some people have fetishes for feet, some like amputees & some wanna BE amputess as their sexual fetish (acrotomophilia for the former, apotemnophilia for the latter), some find blood on anything attractive, it's called hematolagnia, so what you find gross some may find erotic.
Old 04 February 2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIAG View Post
I meant that the bikini in the last 3 pics looks like the same bikini in all 3 pics of the "dead" girl.
Why wouldn't it be the same one in all the pictures of the dead girl?

Quote:
Hey, some people have fetishes for feet, some like amputees & some wanna BE amputess as their sexual fetish (acrotomophilia for the former, apotemnophilia for the latter), some find blood on anything attractive, it's called hematolagnia, so what you find gross some may find erotic.
I understand that. For example, I think all feet are gross and ugly, but some people have foot fetishes and I don't have a problem with that. I would however find it creepy and distasteful if said foot fetishist saw a picture of a dead, brutalized woman and said "That dead chick has sexy feet." Seriously, this is not about me being prude. I'm not a judgemental person for the most part, but I find it disturbing and somewhat offensive for someone to be jokingly ogling the rack of a dead* woman, and one who was killed violently at that. I think there's a big difference between having a problem with that kind of comment and just not being tolerant about other people's kinks.

*Whether the pics are real or not she's presented as such
Old 05 February 2010, 02:56 PM
rumorbuster

The boobs may look the same, and they're both wearing bikinis, but ... if the "dead" girl is the girl pictured in the first photo wouldn't they have the same *face?*