snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > NFBSK

Old 04 January 2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Ng View Post
I thought G-spots were mainly thought to be responsible for v. o's, though, what's the distinguishing criteria that separates them? I mean, yes, it feels like a spot, but it's not an internal c or anything. IME.
I suspect, given the sheer mass of nerves in our down there areas, that individual women are likely wired differently. My v. o's feel nothing like my c. o's, both in location, and...well, feel...they're just different, though equally lovely, breeds of animal.

Quote:
For internal stimulation I've found it to be largely almost like a throw everything and see what sticks kind of thing. A well endowed partner or an agile one seems more likely to "find" it than someone just generally poking.

Quote:
I wonder if these studies are flawed too because it's so difficult to (verbally) find and pinpoint an internal sensation like that. And I'd describe it as being at an angle but *I'm* at an angle, which posed a terribly frustrating and scary situation the one and only time I attempted to use Pleasure pearls.
Good lord, please don't tell me there were sparks, too. People are gonna accuse your area of practicing witchcraft or something!

Quote:
(This post brought to you by the letters c, v and ohhhhhh...)
Don't forget "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Old 04 January 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Sparkhammer View Post
Without being too graphic... The G-spot as a distinct physiological structure may not exist, but as a "sweet spot" for pleasure, being near the internal roots of the clitoris, it seems obvious that it does exist. It's a place which, if rubbed the right way, causes a pleasurable response. It may not be a formal "gland" or "organ" or even a nexus of nerves, but it is definitely a target zone for sexual pleasure and ought to be understood (and admired!) on that basis!

Silas
Yeah.

Not so much.
Old 04 January 2010, 08:24 PM

I don't think I have even that "sweet spot," though. I've felt around for it. I've felt that spongy area that people say is the G spot. But I don't get any pleasure from it. It's just there.
Old 04 January 2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I don't think I have even that "sweet spot," though. I've felt around for it. I've felt that spongy area that people say is the G spot. But I don't get any pleasure from it. It's just there.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've got, too, though, it was "found" for me by someone who was trying to be "helpful." "See, there it is, doesn't that feel good?" "Meh, it feels neither goor or not good; it just is." "Really?" "Yup." *yawn*
Old 04 January 2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglRdr View Post
I suspect, given the sheer mass of nerves in our down there areas, that individual women are likely wired differently. My v. o's feel nothing like my c. o's, both in location, and...well, feel...they're just different, though equally lovely, breeds of animal.
I agree, and stimulation in each individual area is different- although slightly similar in nature. C ones feel more like small circles and v ones are like large ones.
Quote:
I didn't mean to imply, either, that many or most men are inept or anything- while woo woo size isn't everything, that's also not the only part of a guy being powerful that counts.

Quote:
Good lord, please don't tell me there were sparks, too. People are gonna accuse your area of practicing witchcraft or something!
No sparks- however, thanks to internet self-help methods, there was a lot of rain dancing, jumping and coughing, none of which worked very well at all.

I don't know why this thread in particular is so polite, i giggled at the use of the word "area."
Old 04 January 2010, 08:36 PM

I'm staying with the "some have it, some don't" theory. Until I get proof, that is :P

Triple "He sent me searching...." AAA

()
Old 04 January 2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
A sexual quest that has for years baffled millions of women — and men — may have been in vain. A study by British scientists has found that the mysterious G-spot, the sexual pleasure zone said to be possessed by some women but denied to others, may not exist at all.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6973971.ece
How can it not exist? I distinctly remember reading that it disrupts the orbit of Pluto.
Old 04 January 2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah.

Not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've got, too, though, it was "found" for me by someone who was trying to be "helpful." "See, there it is, doesn't that feel good?" "Meh, it feels neither goor or not good; it just is." "Really?" "Yup." *yawn*
Not to be the person who steps in with insightful advice like, "have you tried not being poor?" it does take a few passes to even get anything going there. I've also found that due to the placement the whole kneeling rear entry position can stimulate it, if you concentrate. Again, I definitely think some people probably aren't wired that way but I didn't really notice I could be stimulated that way until after I was apart from my ex-husband. Then again, I'd almost always have to take care of the "me" side of sex with him- he'd only ever even try without me asking on like, my birthday.
Old 06 January 2010, 06:07 AM

Today's XKCD on this subject:

Old 07 January 2010, 06:06 PM

Icon105

Quote:
Oh... my... God...

You are SUCH a mood-killer!

It sounded like the old joke as the inept guy was making hot, furious love with his wife when he noticed a concentrated look on her face. Hestopped and asked what she was thinking about - to which she replied, "Beige... the ceiling should definitely be painted beige!"
Old 07 January 2010, 06:11 PM

Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post
Oh... my... God...

She's a mood-killer for telling the truth about how enjoyable she found a particular act? In my world, that's called "Being honest." Or possibly, "Ensuring no one wastes their time on something that's not doing anything."
Old 07 January 2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Oh... my... God...

He asked, I answered.

I enjoyed sex with him, but that particular thing wasn't particularly enjoyable for me. Why would I lie about it, especially when there were many other things that were enjoyable?
Old 07 January 2010, 07:07 PM

Yeah, is a guy a killjoy for saying something like, "Sweetness, muffin, light of my life, could you move a tad to the left--you're crushing my unmentionables." (And before you ask, somehow I manage to do this more than the average girl. I don't know why!)
Old 07 January 2010, 07:39 PM

Well, geez, just stay off of his unmentionables!

A dear friend of mine grew up not being able to orgasm from oral - and a guy took her up on the challenge. She finally just arched her back a bit and read a book that was on her headboard for an hour - until he finally gave up. It turned out that it was technique... her hubby (my best friend) has had no problems in that department. Hey, it's worked for him for over 25 years!
Old 07 January 2010, 08:05 PM

I preferred this comment on the subject:

Old 07 January 2010, 11:21 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
"Beige... the ceiling should definitely be painted beige!"
I was thinking of the Preiss and Reese comic strip where the two are making out. She says, "Don't touch me there... No, lower... A bit to the right... Oh, there! There! Don't touch me there."

Silas
Old 08 January 2010, 04:07 PM

Icon105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Sparkhammer View Post
I was thinking of the Preiss and Reese comic strip where the two are making out. She says, "Don't touch me there... No, lower... A bit to the right... Oh, there! There! Don't touch me there."

Silas
Makes me think of The Tubes

The smell of burning leather
As we hold each other tight.
As our rivets rub together
Flashing sparks into the night.
At this moment of surrender, darling
If you really care,
Don't touch me there!
Old 29 January 2010, 04:37 PM

Default We've found the G-spot, say the French (of course)

Sorry lads, the search is back on again.

Weeks after British scientists announced that the elusive G-spot does not exist, the French have begged to differ.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ch-course.html
Old 30 January 2010, 04:11 PM

Come to think of it, why are we trusting British researchers on anything regarding sex? Next, we'll be listening to them when they say there's no point in trying to enjoy food.
Old 30 January 2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft View Post
Come to think of it, why are we trusting British researchers on anything regarding sex? Next, we'll be listening to them when they say there's no point in trying to enjoy food.
Do British people not have sex? I was unaware.