snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > NFBSK

Old 04 January 2010, 06:16 AM

Icon108 What an anti-climax: G-spot is a myth

A sexual quest that has for years baffled millions of women and men may have been in vain. A study by British scientists has found that the mysterious G-spot, the sexual pleasure zone said to be possessed by some women but denied to others, may not exist at all.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6973971.ece
Old 04 January 2010, 06:28 AM

Australia

30 years of trying, and for what. Nothing! Denbunk this immediately Mr snopes, lest other innocent male be lured on a wild goose chase.

Actually it was pretty fun, for both of us.

Quote:
Meanwhile, David Matlock, a Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon, is credited with creating an artificial version of the G-spot. In some cases this has resulted in an over-sensitive zone which induces orgasms when, for example, women drive over bumps in the road.
You only love me for my cobblestone driveway.
Old 04 January 2010, 06:34 AM

I think it's a lot of hype for very little yield, but I know there's a certain spot in that vicinity that if accidentally brushed causes a lot of screaming from a woman who only believes in c orgasms and not v orgasms. YMMV
Old 04 January 2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Ng View Post
I think it's a lot of hype for very little yield, but I know there's a certain spot in that vicinity that if accidentally brushed causes a lot of screaming from a woman who only believes in c orgasms and not v orgasms. YMMV
Pain screaming or pleasure screaming?
Old 04 January 2010, 07:15 AM

Australia

Frustration screaming?
Old 04 January 2010, 09:37 AM

I remember saying to a partner "it's no use, my G spot doesn't respond like tha-a-ah-aaaah!" It was a surprise to me when that happened.
Old 04 January 2010, 11:28 AM

I hope my G-spot doesn't find out it's myth.
Old 04 January 2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Redhead View Post
Just think of the chat-up lines: My G spot is supposedly a myth - care to debunk it for me?
Old 04 January 2010, 12:52 PM

Don't have one. Don't need one.
Old 04 January 2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Of courthe it'th a myth, and my frenulum is a mythter.

A Turtle - tho what, I had to lithp to make the joke work - Named Mack
Old 04 January 2010, 01:57 PM

Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
Of courthe it'th a myth, and my frenulum is a mythter.
Mine thnapped
Old 04 January 2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llewtrah View Post
Just think of the chat-up lines: My G spot is supposedly a myth - care to debunk it for me?

Now that is an original pick-up line! It's also a great signature. May I use it?
Old 04 January 2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Tea View Post
Mine thnapped
Oh, thit!
Old 04 January 2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Now that is an original pick-up line! It's also a great signature. May I use it?
Feel free! Though "care to help me debunk it" might sound better.
Old 04 January 2010, 04:45 PM

Based on the limited info in the cite it looks like a pretty crappy study. Twins studies can be used for all kinds of interesting things but self reporting studies tend to be pretty weak studies. I think a better interpretation of the results is just that different sexual experiences leads to different sequal experience.

Twins often do many things together but I doubt that extends to their adult sex lives.
Old 04 January 2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Pain screaming or pleasure screaming?
The latter- I mean, I am not purporting to be some mecca of sexual knowledge (though I don't discourage kneeling and genuflecting ) nor am I one with a ton of cowboy boots parked at the foot of my bed, but I know there's definitely something there for some women even if they don't experience v. climaxes (which I don't.) I don't even know I could climax solely that way, I've never tried- but targeted stimulation paired with the proper timing definitely turns a mild experience into a "oh, look, I have clumps of your hair in my fists" one when you come to afterwards, if you know what I mean.

I can definitely believe some women don't have them or they're too inaccessible or difficult to find- I don't know that there's any physical indication of it or that there's any talent involved per se- I think it's as likely to be "found" through happenstance or other less common naughty activities. But I do think there's a "connection" there to whatever nerve endings cause the other kinds of climaxes. I'd say back door, but that one's already taken.
Old 04 January 2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Women may argue that having a G-spot is due to diet or exercise...
I've never heard this before. Maybe that's why they think it's a myth, because they think diet & exercise will create one or help find one or some such nonsense.

Quote:
The quest for the G-spot will not be abandoned.
This made me because I read it as "THE QUEST FOR THE G SPOT...WILL!!!NOT!!!BE!!!ABANDONED!!!"

Like some politician was screaming it & trying to get his point across!!! Like it's some great buried treasure that Jack Sparrow is trying to find.
Old 04 January 2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Ng View Post
I can definitely believe some women don't have them or they're too inaccessible or difficult to find- I don't know that there's any physical indication of it or that there's any talent involved per se- I think it's as likely to be "found" through happenstance or other less common naughty activities. But I do think there's a "connection" there to whatever nerve endings cause the other kinds of climaxes. I'd say back door, but that one's already taken.
I have no problem with v. o's now, though in my 20s they were essentially non-existent (c. o's, though? a little bit too easy). However, for me, v. o's are not about the g-spot even a little bit. It isn't a spot, and it isn't an angle, at least not for me, and it is something I can control almost completely on my own, though it does take at least some minimal input from my partner. So to speak.
Old 04 January 2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglRdr View Post
I have no problem with v. o's now, though in my 20s they were essentially non-existent (c. o's, though? a little bit too easy). However, for me, v. o's are not about the g-spot even a little bit. It isn't a spot, and it isn't an angle, at least not for me, and it is something I can control almost completely on my own, though it does take at least some minimal input from my partner. So to speak.
I thought G-spots were mainly thought to be responsible for v. o's, though, what's the distinguishing criteria that separates them? I mean, yes, it feels like a spot, but it's not an internal c or anything. IME.

For internal stimulation I've found it to be largely almost like a throw everything and see what sticks kind of thing. A well endowed partner or an agile one seems more likely to "find" it than someone just generally poking.

I wonder if these studies are flawed too because it's so difficult to (verbally) find and pinpoint an internal sensation like that. And I'd describe it as being at an angle but *I'm* at an angle, which posed a terribly frustrating and scary situation the one and only time I attempted to use Pleasure pearls.

(This post brought to you by the letters c, v and ohhhhhh...)
Old 04 January 2010, 08:12 PM

Whalephant

Without being too graphic... The G-spot as a distinct physiological structure may not exist, but as a "sweet spot" for pleasure, being near the internal roots of the clitoris, it seems obvious that it does exist. It's a place which, if rubbed the right way, causes a pleasurable response. It may not be a formal "gland" or "organ" or even a nexus of nerves, but it is definitely a target zone for sexual pleasure and ought to be understood (and admired!) on that basis!

Silas