Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Spook Central

Old 09 August 2009, 04:51 AM

Icon27 Monster Energy Drink 666 logo

I got this on Facebook tonight:

----------------------------------------

not sure why they would do this...
its weird at the least.

the three "scratches" that make up the "m" logo for monster
is an obvious hebrew translation of 666.

take a look at the picture...

on a related note...you can also see in the diagram that 6 & w are directly related in hebrew.
we begin every website we visit with 666. i know world wide web is what www supposedly stands for...but a simple cute name like that, i believe was thought of after WWW was decided on.
Old 09 August 2009, 01:24 PM

so which is the devil, Monster or the internet? or maybe they work in concert, I know that energy drinks have fueled my willingness to stay online for longer hours on more than one occasion.

Also, if the internet is evil, why is the OP using it to post this on facebook? they must be devil sympathizers!
Old 09 August 2009, 02:25 PM

At least this site is devil free. Copied from my address bar just now:

http://message.snopes.com/showthread...86#post1018886

See not a 666 (er WWW) in the whole thing.

ETA There's an 886, and an 888 - is that the number of the Mikklesons?

Last edited by Eddylizard; 09 August 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09 August 2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I got this on Facebook tonight:
on a related note...you can also see in the diagram that 6 & w are directly related in hebrew.
we begin every website we visit with 666. i know world wide web is what www supposedly stands for...but a simple cute name like that, i believe was thought of after WWW was decided on.
I remember before my parents understood the internet and started using it, my Dad was convinced of this too. It's nice (read:stupid) how in the 21st century there are still relatively intelligent people out there willing to demonize whatever they don't understand (not to mention completely idiotic things like energy drinks).
Old 09 August 2009, 10:42 PM

Australia

I would read it as an 86. Which would mean that it was Smart to drink it, it would enable greater Control, and that failing to drink it would lead to Kaos.

Dropbear

(Also Hymie and 99.)
Old 10 August 2009, 01:04 AM

That is closer to our "7" than any Hebrew "Vav". The top of the Vav is from what what is called a Yod (see "Yod" in the OP). It starts with the pen moving down then across and down again, forming a tail at the start and end. In the case of Vav the last part of the stroke is extended down and widened by turning the pen. The scratches for the "M" do not have the starting tail or the widened base of the "Vav".

We played around with Hebrew writing in calligraphy class once. It also help the memory to find a page on the web that teaches you how the letters are drawn.
Old 26 August 2009, 12:10 PM

That wouldn't work with what I know of Hebrew numerology - three 6s would be 18, not 666. If one wanted to write 666 one would need to use letters equivalent to 500 and 100 as shown in the bit of the numerology chart shown.
Old 26 August 2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthyb View Post
That wouldn't work with what I know of Hebrew numerology - three 6s would be 18, not 666. If one wanted to write 666 one would need to use letters equivalent to 500 and 100 as shown in the bit of the numerology chart shown.
And even if it was 666, what would the problem be? As far as I know, 666 only has an evil significance in Christian mythology (at least the mainstream Christians, I don't know about Rastafari and other offshoot groups). Judaism has, to the best of my knowledge, no such symbolism for that number.
Old 26 August 2009, 02:35 PM

Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthyb View Post
I think a more basic problem is that those don't even look like the Hebrew numeral 6. They look more like seahorses, if you ask me.
Old 26 August 2009, 03:07 PM

Irregardless of what they look like (and I think they look as much like an "n" as a "6"), I do not type Hebrew anything when I access a web site. I type WWW (well not really since I don't bother typing that part) which stands for World Wide Web.

Furthermore the drink is called "Monster". Why would anyone be surprised that it might in some way somehow be associated by someone with something related to monsters.

OMG. It must be true! I was just forced to rant and rave about something that I really don't give a crap about.

Photo "yes, I realize that was a long way to go for a pathetic attempt at a joke" Bob

P.S. Do not try to tell me "irregardless" is not a real word. How gullible do you think I am?
Old 26 August 2009, 06:00 PM

Icon27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
They look more like seahorses, if you ask me.
Ebil seahorses! From teh Interwebs!