snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 30 August 2008, 01:48 PM
Oerdin

Default Sarah Palin naked?

A day after John McCain announced Sarah Palin as his VP pick these articles started floating around claiming to have naked pictures of Sarah Palin from her college days in the early 1980's. Don't click this link unless you're prepared to see a naked picture.

http://www.hollywood-newsroom.com/go...h-palin-naked/

Personally, that looks like her face photoshopped onto a different body but I'd like an expert opinion.
Old 30 August 2008, 09:06 PM
Grand Illusion

The nude pic is Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.
Old 31 August 2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Illusion View Post
The nude pic is Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.
No, it's not Julia (except for the face, that is).

http://www.fake-detective.com/book-3/casefl-3.html
http://www.fake-detective.com/book-3/case264.jpg (NSFW)

"This fake of Julia Louis-Dreyfus has been around for many years, and while it’s not a very good nor very unusual fake, it has fooled many people and is in many collections of "real" pictures. The Fake Detective originally thought it was a look-alike, but "Just Leif" found the body shot in a magazine. Because he didn’t have a scanner, we had to create Wanted Poster #43 to find someone who could scan it for us. "Big Earl" was able to do that, and we thank both of them for their assistance in helping us to finally close this old case file."

Last edited by videoguy; 31 August 2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01 September 2008, 01:35 AM

Hey, thanks for the link to the fakedetective website! now I have something else to look at on the internet (until the novelty of it wears off, I guess)

ETA: wow, did that make me sound like a perv.

Last edited by Seburiel; 01 September 2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: umm...
Old 01 September 2008, 01:50 AM

Well, that didn't take long.
Old 01 September 2008, 06:24 PM

If it were true, I have a feeling we'd see a huge jump in the 18 year-old male voting demographic.
Old 01 September 2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARubberChickenWithAPulley View Post
If it were true, I have a feeling we'd see a huge jump in the 18 year-old male voting demographic.
Why? You don't get to have sex with the VP just because you voted for her.
Old 01 September 2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
Yeah, but what if her platform was a promise to appear similarly attired in all public appearances for the duration of her vice presidency?
Old 01 September 2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddylizard View Post
Yeah, but what if her platform was a promise to appear similarly attired in all public appearances for the duration of her vice presidency?
I think it would be trumped by Joe Biden's promise not to.
Old 01 September 2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy View Post
The Fake Detective, not withstanding, I can state definitively that it is fake. I have (somewhere) a magazine with the original picture. The original is from Hustler's Beaver Hunt or some other such feature. When I first saw the Julia Louis-Dreyfus version, I immediately recognized it because the original is a picture of someone I used to know.
Old 02 September 2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Most 18 year-old males don't get to have sex with most women they ogle, it doesn't stop the ogling. Or the desire to see said nice-looking woman as often as possible.

Clearly, you have never been an 18 year-old male
Old 02 September 2008, 01:45 AM

You got that right! But are many 18 year old males attracted to 44 year old women, no matter how "hot"? (I'm asking because I really want to know, never having been an 18 year old male, but soon enough to be a 44 year old woman).
Old 02 September 2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
You got that right! But are many 18 year old males attracted to 44 year old women, no matter how "hot"? (I'm asking because I really want to know, never having been an 18 year old male, but soon enough to be a 44 year old woman).
I believe the American Pie series instilled a new respectability in the "sexy older woman" scenario amongst younger males. So in my opinion, yes.

44 is the new 25. Or so a 44 year-old I work with told me.
Old 02 September 2008, 02:19 AM

I can't be the first to have thought of this...Palin is governor of a state known for its hunting and frontier mentality, before that she was a sportscaster, before that she was a beauty queen...and McCain thought she would appeal to which gender? I don't get it.
Old 02 September 2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Having working with many sex-driven teenage and young adult guys who seem to point out and stare at many "MILFs" (Mothers I'd like to...) while they (the women) are shopping at the supermarket, I'd say yes. I guess it's just a thrill.
Old 03 September 2008, 03:01 AM

Frying Pan

Quote:
But are many 18 year old males attracted to 44 year old women, no matter how "hot"?
Not really attracted. But as far as "just looking" goes, age doesn't really matter.

And I say with great certainty that Sarah Palin, as far as looks goes, is quite a GILF.
Old 03 September 2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Billion View Post
And I say with great certainty that Sarah Palin, as far as looks goes, is quite a GILF.
GILF? As in "Grandma I'd Like to..."?
Old 03 September 2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Just like buying dinner for a woman doesn't guarantee sex. I'm still gonna buy dinner, just in case.

Quote:
But are many 18 year old males attracted to 44 year old women, no matter how "hot"?
You ever hear of "cougars"?

BTW - Elle McPherson, Teri Hatcher and Nicollette Sheridan are all 44 this year. Halle Berry is only 42, but that's close enough, isn't it?

Helen Mirren is 63 and hot.
Old 03 September 2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
Just like buying dinner for a woman doesn't guarantee sex. I'm still gonna buy dinner, just in case.
And this is why, if a woman of any age asks my advice, I'd tell her to buy her own damn dinner.

Quote:
You ever hear of "cougars"?
Yes, but the phenomenon doesn't speak to whether or not the average 18 year old male is attracted to significantly older women.
Old 03 September 2008, 05:23 PM

Wolf

Quote:
And this is why, if a woman of any age asks my advice, I'd tell her to buy her own damn dinner.

Yes, but the phenomenon doesn't speak to whether or not the average 18 year old male is attracted to significantly older women.
As a former 18 year old male, it is my experience that 18 year old males are attacted to pretty much any woman who is in the least bit attractive. In fact, the age difference may even enhance the "conquest" as he would need to be a bit more mature (or skilled at feigning maturity) to get to the point of sex.

IME, it is more about lust than love and there is a difference between they types of people women that I could lust after and the types that I could call in love with.

An example would be the stereotypical "blonde bimbo." She's help up as a standard because of her sexuality and attractiveness. Most men would not want to marry her because they would want someone to whom they could confide and seek advice, or at least have a conversation. Imagine spending the rest of your life partnered with someone with whom you have no common interests.

ETA: Part of the appeal of so-called "cougars" is that they are believed to be in their sexual prime and are typically divorced and therefore are not looking for commitment, just fun, where a younger woman is often assumed to be looking for a future husband. In other words, the cougar is thought to be "safe" because she would be willing to have the one-night-stand and not expect a call in the morning.