snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Politics

Old 28 July 2008, 12:38 AM

Icon86 The Obama Body count

I suppose it was bound to happen. Just like Clinton there is now a supposed list of "mysterious deaths" circulating for Obama now too.
Old 28 July 2008, 12:54 AM

Part of me thinks that this list is meant as a joke, because most of the names are quite easily demonstrably false and other suggestions are really preposterous. Also, a quick google search is only showing it on blogs that are making fun of it; I haven't yet found anyplace purporting to claim it as real. It looks like it was posted to Free Republic, but the thread was pulled with a note there in its place that just says "bogus."

If it's real, they're just getting plain lazy with some of the stuff they're making up. The first one that jumped out at me as clearly false was:

Quote:
RODRIGO VILLALOPEZ, a television news camera man who shot the footage of Obama describing small town voters as “bitter” and “clinging to their guns during the primary season.
I don't know who Rodrigo Villalopez is supposed to be, but the "bitter" remark was caught on a cellphone by Mayhill Fowler from the Huffington Post. She's very much alive and was interviewed in yesterday's New York Times on this very topic.

Incidentally, I love the idea that Obama is so evil that he would whack the camera man who shot the footage in the middle of a presidential campaign. Not an investigative reporter who uncovered some huge scandal or a reporter who was causing consistent trouble, but instead the person who happened to be there to catch something on camera. Not a murder for political expediency, but rather for just straight-up revenge.

Many of the names on the list have equally bizarre backgrounds that don't really explain why Obama would want them dead. For example, Brian Goring (whose name as a Rezko attorney appears nowhere in Google search except for this list). Why would Obama want one of Rezko's defense attorneys dead? Come on! If you're going to make stuff up, at least make it be the prosecutor!
Old 28 July 2008, 04:15 AM

Mouse

Man, he's not even elected and already he's taking advantage of the secret murders clause.
Old 28 July 2008, 04:19 AM

http://myrightwingdad.blogspot.com/2...eath-list.html

Quote:
Good God, David, his body count has almost surpassed that of the Clintons! See http://www.etherzone.com/body.html..
I wish this wasn't true, but I checked it out on Snopes and they confirmed it. Please send this to as many people as you can, especially those who might be thinking of voting for B. Hussen Obama. We cannot have a man like this in office.
Old 28 July 2008, 05:06 AM

Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post
Lets see, this guy refers to him as "B. Hussain Obama". You got to admit, Barack's middle name as given us a political indicator better than "Slick Willy".
Old 28 July 2008, 01:56 PM

I don't know why they are covering up the fact that Obama usually eats the bodies afterwards. Has anyone made a list of the places where he has campaigned and the missing people in those places? Typical for the press and government to cover up things like this.
Old 28 July 2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenhull View Post
Lets see, this guy refers to him as "B. Hussain Obama". You got to admit, Barack's middle name as given us a political indicator better than "Slick Willy".
Well actually he calls him "B. Hussen Obama". At least it wasn't "Osama".
Old 29 July 2008, 07:38 PM

It's so hard to pick a favorite, they're all so good, but I think I like this one best:

Quote:
DARSANO RAHARDJO - Childhood classmate of Barack Obama when he attended a madrassa in Indonesia. Was found with his head cut off in a Jakarta alley way in 1970. Many children at the school attributed Rahardjo’s murder to the young Barack Obama. It was likely done as an initiation ritual, since Islam demands that a boy spill another’s blood before the age of ten to prove their loyalty to Allah.
Barack Hussein Obama decapitated a child when he was 9!!!
Old 29 July 2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra_silvertongue View Post
Chuck Norris has nothing on Barack.
Old 29 July 2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
Chuck Norris has nothing on Barack.
No doubt. From the comments (following someone googling the names on the list and coming up with hits on three people who are alive [or were]:
Quote:
He was so good at assassinating them that they retroactively never existed.

That's *power* folks.
PS: That is one of my new favorite blogs.
Old 29 July 2008, 10:52 PM

Gandy Baugh is on the Clinton Body Count list, as well. How unfortunate for him that he was killed by two prominent politicians at different times.

From the Obama Death List:
Quote:
GANDY BAUGH - Attorney for Obama friend Antonin Rezko died by falling out an eightieth story window of the Hancock Tower, January, 2003. His client was a convicted Chinese spy.
Does this mean Tony Rezko is a Chinese spy?

From the Clinton Body Count:
Quote:
Gandy Baugh jumped out of a window of a multi-story building and died on January 8, 1994. Published reports say he was defending a man named Dan Lassater in a financial misconduct case. Lassater was an associate of Bill Clinton's who was convicted of cocaine distribution.
According to some site called snopes.com, Gandy Baugh died at home, and one has to assume his home wasn't the sidewalk in front of a multi-story building.
Old 29 July 2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
It was likely done as an initiation ritual, since Islam demands that a boy spill another’s blood before the age of ten to prove their loyalty to Allah.
Doesn't that put a big shortage on males, then? Or can multiple boys all help kill one? I don't know if that would be good, though, because I'd hate to killpool.
Old 30 July 2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post
Doesn't that put a big shortage on males, then? Or can multiple boys all help kill one? I don't know if that would be good, though, because I'd hate to killpool.
It only says "spill blood", so maybe while the other boys were just chopping off limbs and stuff, Obama wanted to show just HOW loyal he was and went straight for the head?
Old 30 July 2008, 09:00 AM

Mr B. Hussein Obama was NOWHERE TO BE SEEN on a certain day when a presdient was assasinated in Dallas.

Just sayin' it's mighty convenient is all.
Old 30 July 2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra_silvertongue View Post
What's so strange about that? For all we know he was already in CIA's employ as an assasin.
Old 30 July 2008, 02:30 PM

Icon18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friends of Alfred View Post
Mr B. Hussein Obama was NOWHERE TO BE SEEN on a certain day when a presdient was assasinated in Dallas.

Just sayin' it's mighty convenient is all.
And where was he when Our Lord and Saviour was put on the cross?

Just further proof that B. Hussein Obama is actually a Muslim.
Old 30 July 2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
And where was he when Our Lord and Saviour was put on the cross?

Just further proof that B. Hussein Obama is actually a Muslim.
As if further proof was even required.
Old 31 July 2008, 12:47 AM

Icon05

This list is so ridiculous! Where did the OP on myrightwingdad get his information? It says that Larry Sinclair was a gay lover of Obama, and that Hargrove was jealous. This is really bizarre! BTW, who is/was Larry Sinclair?

Barb Rainey