snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Politics

Old 18 March 2008, 03:43 PM

Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonWolf View Post
From my memory of Revelation, the beast comes from the sea, not the middle east.
He grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. That is definitely from the sea, sort of, in my book.
Old 18 March 2008, 03:59 PM

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
See, that's the explanation for the college student's interpretation. I was fairly certain i saw the show well before 1997.
Old 18 March 2008, 04:05 PM

Australia <--One out of two ain't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater View Post
He grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. That is definitely from the sea, sort of, in my book.
In the same way that Australia and New Zealand are from the sea?
Old 18 March 2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBCal View Post
His first name Barack is Hebrew for blessed. Thus he is both a Jew and a Muslim. This obviously proves that he is the anti-christ.

Also, McCain means "son of Cain". Cain murdered his brother Abel and was cursed by God. This means that there are two candidates who are anti-Christs.
Whaow - you're right.

We're screwed.
Old 18 March 2008, 04:31 PM

Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
In the same way that Australia and New Zealand are from the sea?
All Aussies and Kiwis are spawns of Satan. How else would they be able to walk upside down?
Old 18 March 2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Whaow - you're right.

We're screwed.
Not if people elect Hillary for president. This will save America from being run by the antichrist.

Though even the antichrist would do a better job than George Bush has.
Old 18 March 2008, 05:22 PM

Icon27

Not being that familiar with the book of Revelation, I looked up the passages in question. According to Bible Gateway:

Quote:
Revelation 13
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Quote:
11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Is that why Obama wears a really big hat all the time, to hide the horns and crowns? Where does he hide the other heads? And it must be a problem finding shoes, with "the feet of a bear."
Old 19 March 2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater View Post
All Aussies and Kiwis are spawns of Satan. How else would they be able to walk upside down?
That's gonna cost ya!
Old 19 March 2008, 05:21 AM

Wait, does this mean that Barack Hussein bin Obama's big secret is actually that he is Australian? No wonder he's trying to keep that quiet. I'll bet he has a secret agenda to make Americans play cricket, and maybe Aussie Rules too. We have only months to save America from this menace.

Only slightly more seriously, wouldn't the sort of nut who believes the OP be the sort who should welcome the election of an anti-Christ, what with that being the start of the end times, rapture and all? Otherwise, they might be taken for ignorant heretical muddle-heads.
Old 19 March 2008, 05:26 AM

Australia <--- Still flying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Fizz View Post
Wait, does this mean that Barack Hussein bin Obama's big secret is actually that he is Australian? No wonder he's trying to keep that quiet. I'll bet he has a secret agenda to make Americans play cricket, and maybe Aussie Rules too.
How is that a bad thing?

He'd also be able to teach Americans how to pronounce Iraq!
Old 19 March 2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
How is that a bad thing?
It's a terrible thing, Damien. I can't think how it is for now, but I'm sure it is a terrible thing.
Old 19 March 2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondi View Post
I don't think you could describe Obama as having massive Christ-like appeal. Maybe he's popular, but its not universal. If it were, then the Democratic nomination would have been decided by now.
Ahh...but Jesus wasn't universally accepted during his time, nor is he universally accepted now. My doyc! It must be true!
Old 19 March 2008, 06:44 AM

Icon108

Quote:
I don't think you could describe Obama as having massive Christ-like appeal. Maybe he's popular, but its not universal. If it were, then the Democratic nomination would have been decided by now.
Well, duh. His Christ-like appeal has left all the Muslim voters feeling alienated and betrayed.

- snopes
Old 19 March 2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiev View Post
Ahh...but Jesus wasn't universally accepted during his time, nor is he universally accepted now. My doyc! It must be true!
So one could say that same-sex marriage and abortion are Christ-like.
Old 21 April 2008, 12:45 PM

D'oh!

I received this from a "friend" this morning, and sent her back a nasty reply, including this link. And she's a teacher for DOYC's sake!

*blech*
Old 21 April 2008, 03:01 PM

From reading links off of FSTDT, some of the more rapture-obsessed folk are actually encouraging one another to vote for Obama if he gets the Dem nomination on the theory that it will hasten the rapture.
Old 21 April 2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo. View Post
From reading links off of FSTDT, some of the more rapture-obsessed folk are actually encouraging one another to vote for Obama if he gets the Dem nomination on the theory that it will hasten the rapture.
And to them I say the same thing I say to Republicans who vow to vote for anyone other than McCain: Go right ahead, with my blessing.
Old 21 April 2008, 03:35 PM

Icon27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo. View Post

See, now, that actually makes sense in a twisted way. The people I have heard spouting this drivel are all, "we must stop Obama!!111!" To which I have said, "if the anti-Christ thing is ordained by God, who are you to think you can stop it?" Kinda fun to shut them up like that. Not that I'm in with the whole idea of PMD and an anti-Christ, but even if one does believe that's what the Bible is saying, where do they get off thinking they can change it?

Save the fighting for when Obama tries to embed computer chips in everybody's hand or forehead.
Old 21 April 2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
See, now, that actually makes sense in a twisted way. The people I have heard spouting this drivel are all, "we must stop Obama!!111!" To which I have said, "if the anti-Christ thing is ordained by God, who are you to think you can stop it?" Kinda fun to shut them up like that. Not that I'm in with the whole idea of PMD and an anti-Christ, but even if one does believe that's what the Bible is saying, where do they get off thinking they can change it?
Or that they should, for that matter.
Old 21 April 2008, 06:45 PM

If your father was an athiest, your grandfather was a Muslim, your great-grandfather was a Christian, and a couple generations further back your family was practicing a native Luo religion with ancestor worship, then exactly what religious "descent" are you anyways?