snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Horrors

Old 05 September 2007, 03:38 AM
Ezri

Driver Drunken Decapitation

Today me and my friend were discussing urban legends and this site actually when he told me a story that he heard on the radio. The story goes that two guys were drunk, one guy was driving and the other guy was riding. Well the passenger got sick and leaned out of the window to puke while the car was still moving and got decapitated. Aparently the driver was so drunk that he didn't notice, and drove home. The next morning he woke up to go to work and he found his friend's headless body in the car.

Is this possible? Could you be drunk enough that you wouldn't notice that your friend is missing a head? Not to mention not notice blood splattering every where, or the sound that a head being ripped off would make.
Old 05 September 2007, 04:46 AM

Just leaning out of a car window is not enough to decapitate someone - I assume the story includes them driving really close to something on the passenger side of the car?

And how likely is it that someone would drunkenly drive close enough to something that his friends head would be taken off, but he wouldn't hit whatever that was with the car?
Old 05 September 2007, 10:26 AM

Ponder

It happened alright.
Old 05 September 2007, 12:03 PM

wow 12345678910
Old 06 September 2007, 12:12 AM
Ezri

THank you Jay Tea, My friend tells me a lot of stories that I think could be classified as urban legends, this time (And only this time so far) He was right and this actually did happen. I can tell him that he was right now, he'll probably throw a party or something.
Old 06 September 2007, 12:36 AM

Reminds me of the UL about the drunk driver who wakes up to find an eight year old embedded on his grille.
Old 06 September 2007, 02:36 AM
Ezri

That's exactly what I thought of when he told me that story, so I immediatly though it was a UL.
Old 06 September 2007, 04:21 AM

Icon402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Tea View Post
And we discussed it when it happened.
Old 08 September 2007, 01:01 AM
nothing2lose1024

This actually happened in my town. The guys were driving home from a bar that I used to frequent. I remember sometime after hearing about it I made a tasteless comment about it to one of the bar tenders. She didn't seem to think it was funny. That bar is pretty bad. I'm not surprised they let these guys leave without calling a cab from them.