snopes.com  


Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17 June 2007, 12:38 AM
kylethompson
 
Posts: n/a
Fright Penis Cutting Video (Extremely NSFW)

Kinda wierd first post here, but I saw this video the other day, and although I thought it was real, a lot of people said it was fake. Either way, its the most painful video Ive seen.
Like I said, extremely NSFW, NSFBSK etc

http://www.uselessjunk.com/article_full.php?id=12689
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17 June 2007, 01:33 AM
Dobers
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've seen the video before. Not an expert, but I just don't see how it could be faked.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17 June 2007, 01:43 AM
Sis's Avatar
Sis Sis is offline
 
Join Date: 28 June 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 467
Default

Watching it (eurgh) I initally figured that it was fake. The fluids (blood, etc.) didn't seem right, though I suppose that it did show him cutting off circulation with tightly tied string. The scrotum also looked odd, rather like a potato.

However, if you go to the (NSFW, NFBSK) website which shows at the bottom of the screen, you find that:

Quote:
This is an adult site displying online videos of extreme and erotic body modification (tattooing, piercing, amputation, scarification, subincision, castration, tongue splitting and so on)...
So I suppose that it could very well be real.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17 June 2007, 01:51 AM
Jelly Bean Queen
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Couldn't watch it all, just couldn't do that to myself. I stopped after he started cutting. I'm hoping for fake.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17 June 2007, 02:50 AM
JD65
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Looks real, but can't be completely sure. Can't see special effects being used. I have heard there is a subculture that is heavily into self mutilation.

Here is a link to a medical journal talking about microsurgical reattachment for a penis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...&dopt=Abstract

so it appears it does happen. Apparently there have been at least 15 reattachments according to that link.

There are news articles found through Google about men cutting off their units, even in public. There was a case in Germany about a man who met another through an alt lifestyle website, they got together, and one cut off his penis while the other filmed it (don't know if this is the same video or not) and posted it to another site. And finally, there are websites that purport to hook people up to watch others mutilate themselves, cannibalism, and even get togethers for mass suicide. (Google searches found some of these)

Whether all of these are true intentioned, or parodies, or just an attempt at shocking, I don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17 June 2007, 04:15 AM
We'veBeenHad
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Pretty shocking all right. I couldn't watch it all either. Hideous. I did see a series of stills by an extreme BME man who was sort of transitioning, MTF, and did his own penectomy and castration, but he sure didn't just start hacking. He did it sort of surgically, though naturally not under good surgical conditions and without a medical license. That one was real, and yes there have been cases in the news too.

Someone ought to tell Johnny T about this video, I have to say anyone who would do that to themselves - just hack it all off like that, violently - is by definition mentally ill. I have absolutely no problem saying that because it's true. And also because no one here is going to be doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17 June 2007, 08:07 PM
Pseudo_Croat
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What I want to know is what in the NFBSK motivates people to mutilate themselves? To a logical mind, it's counter-productive. What's going on in these peoples' heads?

- Pseudo "cut off from reality" Croat
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17 June 2007, 08:10 PM
Morrigan's Avatar
Morrigan Morrigan is offline
 
Join Date: 26 March 2001
Location: Vassar, MI
Posts: 5,358
Default

PC, many explanations are that the part of the body that their removing isn't part of them. They feel that it doesn't fit, and that it shouldn't be there. It would be like you having an extra finger and not wanting it, so you remove it.

Morrigan
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17 June 2007, 08:16 PM
Pseudo_Croat
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
PC, many explanations are that the part of the body that their removing isn't part of them. They feel that it doesn't fit, and that it shouldn't be there. It would be like you having an extra finger and not wanting it, so you remove it.

Morrigan
So, why do they think it's not part of them? Is there a reason they generally give for this line of thought?

- Pseudo_Croat
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17 June 2007, 08:50 PM
Morrigan's Avatar
Morrigan Morrigan is offline
 
Join Date: 26 March 2001
Location: Vassar, MI
Posts: 5,358
Default

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread47385/pg1

If you check out that link, it goes into detail about how they feel. It also provides links of its own.

Morrigan
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 17 June 2007, 10:33 PM
Jonny T
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by We'veBeenHad View Post
Someone ought to tell Johnny T about this video, I have to say anyone who would do that to themselves - just hack it all off like that, violently - is by definition mentally ill. I have absolutely no problem saying that because it's true. And also because no one here is going to be doing it.
I'm curious - why?

Assuming you're referring to this thread (and don't just think I have a thing for penis cutting), the point I made in that thread was as follows:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehcsif
So what's next, ripping off limbs? (Yes, I know that's been parodied already before...)
If the person in question seems to be in a sound state of mind, I don't see why not.
The same was repeated through the discussion. If the person in the OP does not seem balanced, then this does not apply. So I really don't see why you would bring me up.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 17 June 2007, 10:59 PM
Morrigan's Avatar
Morrigan Morrigan is offline
 
Join Date: 26 March 2001
Location: Vassar, MI
Posts: 5,358
Default

Because you're the man for this, Jonny T. (I always want to add Former Cutie to your name...DOYC help me...)

Morrigan
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17 June 2007, 11:19 PM
Jonny T
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Because you're the man for this, Jonny T.
...

for reference, seeing "Penis Cutting Video" and "Because you're the man for this, Jonny T" together makes me

Quote:
(I always want to add Former Cutie to your name...DOYC help me...)
hehe....whoa, retro!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 17 June 2007, 11:27 PM
Morrigan's Avatar
Morrigan Morrigan is offline
 
Join Date: 26 March 2001
Location: Vassar, MI
Posts: 5,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny T View Post
...

for reference, seeing "Penis Cutting Video" and "Because you're the man for this, Jonny T" together makes me

hehe....whoa, retro!
Well, I was thinking more because of the links I posted & because of PC's question... nothing else, honest!

How retro, though, is the question? You haven't been the Former Cutie in...years, I believe-yet I want to add it every time! (When I read your posts in my head, it's added onto your name...)

Morrigan
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18 June 2007, 12:04 AM
We'veBeenHad
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Because I'm of sound mind, Jonny :P

Seriously, you were talking about BME and this is about BME. I don't see why BME is not pretty much automatically contradictory with sound mind. At the very least, people had only said they *thought* such people who wanted to do things like that should consult a psychiatrist and you balked...hard.

You came to mind immediately when I saw this because of that. Cutting off a limb is no different from cutting off a d*** or balls. Cutting off part of yourself for no reason. Yeah, IMO that's sick. I did not ever say they should be prevented from doing so (besides, pretty hard to keep people from doing what was shown in the video in their garages, right?) just that it was crazy and IMO bad. I still think it is. I won't stop them, but I believe they are very sick. Perhaps this is a sort of deliberate sickness that grows over time and with nurturing as opposed to a sickness that is organic and can't be helped, which is probably why I wouldn't want to ban it. But for the normal people among us who can bear to even watch it, at least we should be aware of what crazy people are doing
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18 June 2007, 12:15 AM
Jonny T
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by We'veBeenHad View Post
Seriously, you were talking about BME and this is about BME. I don't see why BME is not pretty much automatically contradictory with sound mind. At the very least, people had only said they *thought* such people who wanted to do things like that should consult a psychiatrist and you balked...hard.
I really don't see how wanting to modify your body in whatever way is necessarily indicative of a mental illness. (and what do you mean when you say I "balked...hard"?) not to say the two cannot converge, but assuming one requires the other is a bit of a step IMO. also, I would agree voluntary castration and voluntary amputation are not that different in some respects, tho the psychological effects may be markedly different.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 18 June 2007, 12:21 AM
Jonny T
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Well, I was thinking more because of the links I posted & because of PC's question... nothing else, honest!
Hmmph....that's what they all say. rest assured I'll be keeping my spare penis close to hand, just in case.

Quote:
How retro, though, is the question? You haven't been the Former Cutie in...years, I believe-yet I want to add it every time! (When I read your posts in my head, it's added onto your name...)
heheh...it has been a while. the 9/11 attacks rudely interrupted my month of cutedom IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 18 June 2007, 12:46 AM
Morrigan's Avatar
Morrigan Morrigan is offline
 
Join Date: 26 March 2001
Location: Vassar, MI
Posts: 5,358
Default

Jonny, wow, that was a long time ago. I registered only 6 months before that...maybe that's why I have that stuck in my head.

So you have a spare penis?

Morrigan
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18 June 2007, 01:00 AM
Jonny T
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Jonny, wow, that was a long time ago. I registered only 6 months before that...maybe that's why I have that stuck in my head.
I only remembered that from Googling "Jonny T, Former Cutie" and seeing a ref from November 2001.

Quote:
So you have a spare penis?
just the one. it's in a little cabinet with "in case of emergency, break open glass" on the front. you don't want to see the explanatory diagram, trust me
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 18 June 2007, 01:15 AM
Morrigan's Avatar
Morrigan Morrigan is offline
 
Join Date: 26 March 2001
Location: Vassar, MI
Posts: 5,358
Default

YOMANK, Jonny!

Morrigan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.