snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Questionable Quotes

Old 17 April 2007, 08:57 PM

Shifty Eyes Emma "Hermione" Watson on future 'adult' roles

I've heard a comment attributed to (currently) child star Emma Watson about her plans after she turns 18 next year. Reportedly, she was asked if she would do nude scenes, and her response was something along the lines of:

Quote:
"I would do them. I've looked at myself nude in the mirror, and I think I look very good."
Anybody have a cite for such a statement?
Old 18 April 2007, 01:28 PM

Ponder

Ravenhull, I'm sorry I don't have a site for you, but I do have a question - and it's only curiosity - in no way intended to sound snarky.

I'm wondering if you're looking only to verify that she said it, or if you think there's something wrong with the statement.

The reason I ask is, I personally don't see anything at all wrong in it. So many teenage girls have such low self image, that it's nice to see one who has a positive body image of herself. Also, I think she's like 17? I think that's old enough for a working actor to discuss the possibility of doing nude scenes in the future, especially in light of the fact that one of her cow-orkers is already doing nudity on stage.

I just wondered if you did have a problem with the statement, what the specific problem was, or if you were only looking to verify. Again, absolutely no offense intended here, just wondering.

AliBaba
Old 18 April 2007, 02:16 PM

Icon102

I'm wondering if she actually said it. I have no problems with her saying such a thing, if it is true, but some of it comes across as a pipe dream of those who wouldn't mind seeing her in the buff. If this is what she want's to do, more power.

Ravenhull
Old 18 April 2007, 06:30 PM

Well it doesn't mention anything about it on The Leaky Cauldron, which is a news site for things related to the Harry Potter books and films. I'm not sure whether to expect it to mention something like this, but it doesn't seem to report any recent interviews with the actor either...
Old 18 April 2007, 06:56 PM
Jonny T

I've seen the quote mentioned on a bunch of movie trivia sites (such as this one) but not with directly-quoted text (which could be googled) or a reference (which could be accessed).
Old 18 April 2007, 07:00 PM

I have seen verified quotes from several actresses lately who are defending their choice to do a nude scene, or say they would be open to one because they are young and look good, so why not? I don't know if Emma Watson said it, but it's not an uncommon sentiment right now.

I tried to Google for the actresses I remember making similar comments, but trying to do Actress Name AND nude does not generate the results I'm looking for!
Old 18 April 2007, 07:27 PM

Icon204

I'm starting to lean towards this being a fanboy's pipe dream, though it still could be true.