snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 05 June 2014, 05:20 PM

Goat Adorable Baby Goat Inspires Greatness [VIDEO]

This baby goat won’t back down from any challenge.

Wobbly-footed and adorable, the goat finds its inner “300,” belting out an impress battle cry.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/05/ad...reatness-video
Old 06 June 2014, 03:41 AM

Why are the comments about Obama and Muslims? Is this the new Godwin's Law? Only All Comments Must Begin with Obama and Move to Muslims before the Actual Topic May Be Discussed?
Old 06 June 2014, 04:14 AM

Goat

Sorry to have to point this out because it's not meant as a personal attack but practically all the New Posts by ATNM are from (to put it mildly) conservative websites (sometimes with dubious veracity to boot). This time it's the the Daily Caller so even if it looks like a cute goat story, the readers will waste no chance to make a scapegoat of the President of the US.

I don't understand why Mack doesn't just post stories from more reasonable, reliable sources. Maybe it's all he reads?
Old 06 June 2014, 04:39 AM

Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff about Obama on the same page as the goat video. Here's a link directly to the YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV_3...e_gdata_player
Old 06 June 2014, 05:04 AM

I think I've watch that video about 10 times now and it keeps making me laugh. It's weird because it's not all that amazing or special but I'm just finding it hilarious.
Old 06 June 2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzfeld View Post
Sorry to have to point this out because it's not meant as a personal attack but practically all the New Posts by ATNM are from (to put it mildly) conservative websites (sometimes with dubious veracity to boot). This time it's the the Daily Caller so even if it looks like a cute goat story, the readers will waste no chance to make a scapegoat of the President of the US.

I don't understand why Mack doesn't just post stories from more reasonable, reliable sources. Maybe it's all he reads?
That is utter crap. I have a few that are from the center-right websites, but I usually go to the source articles for linking here, by a large margin. Like the 'birth in the wild' thread, which I found through Daily Caller, but I linked the 'Entertainment' article. I almost always only link to the opinion pieces when they pull together multiple relevant links. And when Im post from the center-right sites, I make sure the links support what is claimed.
Old 06 June 2014, 08:34 PM

OK, I understand that's how you feel. It's been discussed before. I just want to point that as soon as I read Avril's question, I knew the answer without even looking at the link. It's my honest opinion that you do link to such sites often. It's your prerogative, to some degree. I don't think it's beyond criticism but I reiterate it's not a personal criticism of you.
Old 06 June 2014, 09:25 PM

It's definitely come up before, and I can recall one recent ocassion when snopes replaced the link in the first post of the thread so that it pointed to a more neutral site.
Old 07 June 2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwins View Post
It's definitely come up before, and I can recall one recent ocassion when snopes replaced the link in the first post of the thread so that it pointed to a more neutral site.
He has changed the links on a number of new threads. But Ganz said "practically all the New Posts" by me are from sites he things are conservative (okay, a couple of them call themselves conservative). That is wildly untrue - most of my posts do not come from ANY sites. Even if you take the new threads I post, they come from all over. And criminy, yeah, this one was from Daily Caller, but it takes a real far-out kook to object to a video of a kid bleating that it is insufficiently leftist.
Old 07 June 2014, 12:26 AM

"Insufficiently leftist?" Really?

Do you not understand that people were objecting to the offensive comments in response to the video?

Not me, of course. I know better than to read comments on the Daily Caller site.
Old 07 June 2014, 01:00 AM

I've never encountered the Daily Caller. I didn't know there were places in the world where a cute video of a goat would get such sharply vitriolic, off-topic political commenting.

I certainly do not think the video is insufficiently...anything, other than it's rather short, and I want to see more of the goat.

If there were still sig lines, though, I'd take the "real far-out kook" label and wear it proudly for a few months.
Old 07 June 2014, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
That is wildly untrue - most of my posts do not come from ANY sites.
I checked what I said and I was wrong. You do post from lots of sources - not only conservative sites. I apologize for a case of confirmation bias.
Quote:
Even if you take the new threads I post, they come from all over.
This is true, however, if you by "from all over" mean center, right, and extreme right. You're not the only one who's posted from partisan sites but it is a regular thing for you. Again, not a complaint about you as a person or a board member. It's just... a bit weird.
Old 07 June 2014, 02:43 AM

My complaint is nothing to do with politics - it's that I've watched this goat at least twice now and I still haven't been inspired to greatness. I do think I might try to get up tomorrow and do stuff, but I was going to try to do that anyway.

At best, I feel about the same, and at worst I may feel slightly more pathetic for having watched that.
Old 07 June 2014, 03:39 AM

You libs just hate the fact that they speak the TRUTH. YOU KNOW DARN TOOTIN WELL THAT O'BUMMER WOULD RUN FROM A BABY GOAT BECAUSE HE WAS BORN IN NIGERIA AND IS THEREFORE FRENCH. I AM SHOUTING BECAUSE FREEEEDOOOOOOOOM