snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Fun House

Old 23 June 2014, 11:20 PM

Chicken Breaking Bad Mr. Men

^ That's a Los Pollos Hermanos chicken.

Warning: video contains some NSFW language.

The folks at Eager Beaver productions made this story about Walter White as set in the "Mr. Men" universe, with narration by Roger Hargreaves, and it is absolutely hilarious. I don't think there are really any spoilers as long as you're familiar with the basic premise of the show, but if there are it's pretty much limited to stuff from the first season. Actually I'm mildly annoyed that the video gets some of the details wrong -- IIRC Walter and Jessie didn't come up with their plans at a traffic light for one, but that doesn't detract from the video's humor.

Old 24 June 2014, 07:08 AM

I thought this was great... I was pleased they'd even got the correct music and title sequence. The narrator does a fair impression of the original too (Arthur Lowe, apparently - I hadn't realised).

"Isn't that a cake?" said Jesse.
"Sure is", said Mr. White.
Old 24 June 2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Actually I'm mildly annoyed that the video gets some of the details wrong -- IIRC Walter and Jessie didn't come up with their plans at a traffic light for one, but that doesn't detract from the video's humor.
They could hardly have fitted all the real events into a five-minute cartoon. You always have to make changes to the original when you're adapting them to the form of a Mr. Men short - that should be well-known by now?

(The trend for Harry-Potter style over-literalism and bloating at the expense of the form surely went away by the time of the third LOTR film; subsequent Hobbit films are still bloated but it's not because they're being over-literal any more...)