snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 14 July 2017, 08:13 PM

Sending vibes, thorny locust. How sad and scary. I hope you find her or that someone comes up with information soon.
Old 15 July 2017, 03:09 AM

No success so far.

There may not be any; or at least not until those fields are mowed. But there's no way I'm going into them with the brushhog for quite some time. Next month, at soonest.

ETA: thanks, all, for the sympathy.
Old 17 July 2017, 03:26 PM

Glasses

Ferdinand--chocolate is DOG POISON. Plus, if you eat it, I make you throw up. Please stop going to extreme lengths to eat something I'm only going to make you throw up.

Seaboe
Old 20 July 2017, 03:03 PM

Blow Your Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
Ferdinand--chocolate is DOG POISON. Plus, if you eat it, I make you throw up. Please stop going to extreme lengths to eat something I'm only going to make you throw up.

Seaboe
Dobe #2 stole the chocolate icing right off of a piece of cake my mother had given me, and then looked at me confusedly as I rushed to the phone to call the vet. He was probably thinking, hey I left you the rest of the cake! Luckily Jasper didn't get sick, but the vet did advise me to watch him for the next several hours.
Old 21 July 2017, 12:13 PM

Hello Kitty

Things I shouldn't have to tell other people's pets: my cat lives here, you have your own house with its own yard!!

My cat used to belong to a family that lives around the corner but she decided she liked living with me better and stopped going home. When the family moved overseas she officially became my cat.
The family came back from overseas last year and got a new cat this year .... and their new cat has started hanging out in my yard as well.

To be fair my back garden is pretty much a perfect cat hangout with an overgrown jungle of plants and dozens of birds and even the odd scurrying rodent. Plus the family who keeps misplacing cats has several young rowdy children and my garden is nice and peaceful ...
Old 21 July 2017, 06:46 PM

So you have a cat spa--now you need to come up with a catchy name such as Club Feline.
Old 22 July 2017, 03:21 AM

Mouse

Roxy-kitty, I know you have to race around the house--it can't be helped--but you might want to stop knocking over Mama's potted plants, lest you reach the limits of how much trouble your cuteness can bail you out of. Also, apparently you like cheese and popcorn. No matter how many kitties you've had, it seems every new kitty will invariably have some brand of weird you haven't seen before.
Old 29 July 2017, 03:19 AM

Mouse

Minnie-kitty, constantly rubbing my legs pausing every now and then, to nip them, does not make it easier for me to find your little foam ball. In fact, it makes it more difficult because I worry about stepping on your tail/paws or running them over with my computer chair.
Old 30 July 2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
Pearl, you are not going outside unless you need to! What part of dangerously hot do you not understand???

[normally Pearl can stay out as long as someone's home. She has a bed to lay on, plenty of fresh water, and can certainly come indoors if that's what she wants. Not today though!]
If your muttley, like my Shiba, insists on roasting herself to the point where you're worried about overheating, I have great success dousing them with the hose. Pearl is a beagle mix IIRC so not quite as furry as my Shiba but we hose her hourly if she insists on being outside. And she moans a little bit and runs away but ultimately accepts it and gulps up half the damn water we throw at her.
Old 01 August 2017, 03:17 AM

Nelson, while I appreciate you trying to clean up your own mess, we do not eat our own puke! It's also not particularly helpful since you just threw it back up again.
Old 01 August 2017, 12:36 PM

Whalephant

OK Steely Dan, let us go through this one more time: when you see me put a funny cap on my head, put mats down on both sides of the bathtub/shower, and then get in said bathtub/shower, that it's only a matter of time before water will come out of the wall! The last time I checked, you were neither a tiger or a Turkish Van, so you may want to vamoose when you see all of the above happening. What is it with you and the bathtub anyway? Do the hygiene habits of humans fascinate you that much??
Old 01 August 2017, 03:01 PM

Somewhat related:

Dear Sleek and Shiny Cat: Please do not drink the water draining out of the tub; or at least wait till I've rinsed the soap out of it. I suspect that soap/shampoo is not good for you.
Old 01 August 2017, 03:22 PM

Iris seems to have outgrown her shower-curtain climbing, but she still likes to hang out on the side of the tub when I'm taking a bath. The other night she kept putting one paw on the faucet like she was going to try to stand on it, which made me nervous.
Old 02 August 2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Somewhat related:

Dear Sleek and Shiny Cat: Please do not drink the water draining out of the tub; or at least wait till I've rinsed the soap out of it. I suspect that soap/shampoo is not good for you.

Dear Thorny Locust:
How do you think I got so sleek and shiny?
Old 03 August 2017, 03:11 AM

Mouse

Minnie-Cat, I can't through a ball that I do not have. Biting me doesn't magically make the ball I do not have, appear.