snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 11 November 2018, 05:31 AM

Default WH uses InfoWars video to justify banning Acosta

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/b...costa-cnn.html

Quote:
Television footage showed that Mr. Acosta and the intern made brief, benign contact — “Pardon me, ma’am,” the correspondent said — as she tried to take a microphone away from him at Mr. Trump’s behest.

But Ms. Sanders posted a 15-second video clip on Twitter that misleadingly suggested Mr. Acosta had pushed the intern’s upper arm. The clip was identical to one posted earlier by Paul Joseph Watson, an Infowars contributor, according to a forensic analysis by The New York Times.
Paul did try to claim that he only edited the video to zoom in on the arm, but the screenshot he tweeted also showed that he added a frame.
Old 13 November 2018, 02:16 AM

Mouse

I suppose I should really make a more substantial contribution to the discussion, but really, I’m just stuck saying, “God help us,” over and over. Sometimes the Stupid just weighs on you.
Old 22 November 2018, 04:20 AM

Media Watch weighed in.

Also, here’s Paul’s video on the matter. Can somebody explain why he went through the process he did (downloaded a GIF, exported it to an M2T, converted it to an MP4), when he could just as easily have obtained an MP4 and edited it?