snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 20 November 2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
You're gonna need to dream up some giant lobsters.
Only in my nightmares. Of which I have had none since I was a child, so....

Edit: thinking back on the dream, there was an element to the tub of butter similar to the idea of leaving food items out for "the fair folk", but it wasn't specifically that in the dream.
Old 20 November 2018, 08:58 PM

Cheryl Cole (Fernandez, Tweedy, Whatever, always Cole to me, you know her with the bum roses tatoo? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_(singer))

Gads about in her very own CH47 Chinook. (You know, the heavy lift Helicopter that does the awesome “Wokka Wokka “ sound? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_CH-47_Chinook)

She’s happy to give you a lift, but only if you are wearing a crash helmet.

I didn’t have one, but my mate did, so he got to fly about with Cheryl Cole.

I did not, but was surprisingly pragmatic about it.

Meh.
Old 21 November 2018, 12:04 PM

Icon86

Wow! There's used/dirty cat litter everywhere because I have not cleaned the boxes in quite some time. I'll need to use the shop vac.
Old 23 November 2018, 02:46 PM

Back to this, from November of last year:

Quote:
I was supposed to go to prison and went somewhere to talk with officials about starting my prison time.

They were displeased that I didn't come in to discuss it with them earlier when I was supposed to, but I apparently forgot about it and/or lost the notice they sent me.

Apparently I don't actually have to serve prison time, as long as I wear some distinctive kind of clothing identifying me as a prisoner.

I'm thinking of a way to explain this to my employer.

Thanks.

Bill
I have an appointment for 10 A.M. with some kind of healthcare provider.

I just remember that it conflicts with my appointment with some official to discuss me going to prison.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 26 November 2018, 01:37 PM

Back to strangers in my house without my permission.

A few of them, in fact, who came in at different times; (1) a man from another country who didn't seem to understand much English; (2) a group of adults of short stature; (3) a group of small animals (cats, etc.), and (4) a man and a woman (the man changed into and out of a disguise as a woman).

Because (1) wasn't cooperative and came twice I swung a piece of furniture at him to chase him out. I couldn't bring myself to do that to any of the others.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 26 November 2018, 02:46 PM

Bonsai Kitten

My mother gave me a whole bunch of kittens and houseplants. I had to return the kittens to the rescue group because I already have four cats. I did keep the little orange/white kitty though. I don't know to do with the plants--they're plants I've already got plenty of such as pothos vine.
Old 26 November 2018, 04:28 PM

The seats in United Airlines' Economy Plus section are just wooden benches, like church pews or the benches one might fine in a 19th century train station. But the legroom is better than the regular economy section, so it still technically counts as an upgrade. Apparently the intent is to appeal to hipsters, who like their "vintage" look.
Old 26 November 2018, 10:53 PM

WildaBeast, Don't give the airlines any ideas.
Old 01 December 2018, 01:59 PM

Across the street from me, there are street signs (e.g., "Elm St.") for streets that don't exist.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 03 December 2018, 04:13 PM

I live in an apartment.

My cousin and her husband just moved into the apartment next to me. My cousin has exotic animals for pets that somewhat bother me.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05 December 2018, 08:42 AM

Whalephant

Disney World is adding a "kawaii animals" section to the Japanese Pavilion at Epcot. So far they have opened a carousel and a row of stationary bouncy kawaii animals you can ride is next. Oddly the landscaping looks like a cutesy German Black Forest, complete with Norwegian trolls.

They area also adding, to the Animal Kingdom, an ocean ride. You start on the cliff(!) overlooking the ocean (!) and then the vehicle plunges down into the water and you have to hope the vicious sharks don't eat you. The sharks are real.
Old 05 December 2018, 01:57 PM

Glasses

H&M sells bras with metric band sizes.

Seaboe
Old 07 December 2018, 07:01 PM

There is a pen-and-paper RPG out that is based on characters living in pools - big pools, like at the YMCA or outdoor public pools. The manual has video integrated in the pages, like in Harry Potter, or Altered Carbon (tend to think it's more the science-fictiony side, given an element that follows). Character classes include either 32-bit or 64-bit "edge crawlers" - kids whose weak swimming skills mean they mostly cling to the edge of the pool, and they are physically weak, enervated in a way as though they had been laughing for too long. A "monster" is the "whale" - older (teen?) kids who spend most of their time under water, and always surface on their back before slipping back under to lurk.
Old 07 December 2018, 11:54 PM

Well, this is as close as any to the thread where my dream last night might belong. I dreamed we lived on a lake and I could see a tornado across the lake. Then my cell phone went off with a text alert that I thought was a reverse 911 call to alert me about the tornado. As it turned out, the text alert was real but it was just my cell provider notifying me that my plan had renewed for the month. AT 4:11 IN THE MORNING!!!! Anyway, I'm not sure if the alert triggered the dream or I was already having the dream.
Old 08 December 2018, 04:29 PM

Strangers in the house again.

This time, the exterior of the house is being painted, but for some reason the painters have to get inside. Other people are there, including my neighbor who seems to be running the proceedings, and they're leaving yellow cups and saucers on the counter.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 08 December 2018, 04:43 PM

You need a chimera burglar alarm.
Old 10 December 2018, 01:21 PM

There's a 1960s-style rural TV show about a farmer and his son.

The farmer is well-off but wants his son to think they're poor. In one scene he's explaining to his son how he can afford to send him on a trip (the class trip?), telling him that he's paying for it with farm products (e.g., vegetables, animal skins, etc.) instead of money. In the next scene the farmer is discussing the situation with two friends of his.

(possibly inspired by my father's cousin and her husband, who did this to their kids)

Thanks.

Bill
Old 13 December 2018, 11:55 AM

Whalephant

When I leave my apartment one day there is a white pottery bowl from a modern-day Pueblo artist on my welcome mat along with a handwritten note thanking me for my contribution to a charity for South Sudan and signed by George Clooney. I'm confused as I contributed nothing, but set up a charity drive at a local Con that sent $30,000 to the charity.

I'm not sure if the lottery and the note is a mistake or a joke so I don't say anything to anyone.

Two weeks later George and his entourage show up at the cafeteria where I work. He tells me he has them delivered randomly and when people post about receiving one donations go up. I ended up on the list somehow, and when I never posted anything they stopped by to see why not.
Old 13 December 2018, 01:15 PM

My friends have a super-awesome house with, like, enough toilets to accomodate multiple visitors. Also they have a floor plan just in case people need to find those toilets.

(Of course, in real life these friends are in a much more modest house with only one toilet)
Old 13 December 2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
My mother gave me a whole bunch of kittens and houseplants. I had to return the kittens to the rescue group because I already have four cats. I did keep the little orange/white kitty though. I don't know to do with the plants--they're plants I've already got plenty of such as pothos vine.
Give me the kittens! Not that I can take in more cats either IRL, but I will gladly take in everyone's dream kitties. ;-)