snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Spook Central

Old 23 February 2007, 02:24 AM

Icon27 The New World Order

This was just sent to me and I needed some help. I can spot a couple that are whacked and disputable, but are there more?

Quote:
The federal reserve bank has nothing to do with the federal Government ..............................FACT

The federal reserve is privately owned by bankers........................................... ..........................Fact

The US Dollar is continuing to de-value .................................................. .........................FACT

The US borrows Dollars from the federal reserve in exchange for INTEREST payments..........FACT

The US Dollar and other Notes used to be backed in Gold or silver.........................................FAC T

they used to say right on the bill redeemable for 1 dollar in gold or silver depending on the certificate...............FACT

The US treasury went bankrupt .................................................. ..............................
.........FACT

They were Bailed out By the owners of the federal reserve .................................................F ACT

The US dollar and other notes used to say "United States Note" this was after certs..................FACT

the US Dollar Currently says "Federal Reserve Note" on the top and makes no mention of a united states note...........FACT

The Current U.S. Dollar Is in fact Nothing but a "Fiat" currency.........................................F act

the Security and Prosperity Partnership is being implemented....................................... ........FACT

It was ALREADY signed By the President of the US, the President of Mexico,and the Prime Minister of Canada...............................FACT

It calls for a North American Union eliminating the need for Border security within the Confines of the N.A.U. ............Fact

New Superhighways are being constructed from Mexico through to Canada and off to both the east and west...................FACT

It creates a New entity very much like the European Union complete with a new currency...................................Fact
Old 23 February 2007, 02:45 AM

This guy will never ever get a job at a bank ....... F ACT
He'll blame Jews . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . . F A C T
This guy is . . . F U C . . T
Old 23 February 2007, 03:09 AM

Consider yourself VERY lucky that I did not have a mouthful of beverage when I read that!!
Old 23 February 2007, 07:14 AM

What's the difference between a F ACT and a FACT?
Old 23 February 2007, 09:45 AM
charlie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin Farquart View Post
What's the difference between a F ACT and a FACT?
the F ACT is a lot more fun and generally feels better.
Old 23 February 2007, 08:53 PM

A FACT in this article usually has the word "Buck" involved.
A F ACT in this article usually has the music "Buck-a cha-buck bow wow!" involved.
Old 25 February 2007, 03:32 PM

OMG!! They are building highwways to link Canada and Mexico...

I could have sworn i drove on a higway from Toronto CANADA to Tijuana MEXICO two yess ago..... my brain must be fuzzled..
Old 25 February 2007, 04:19 PM

Icon95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebbenth View Post
This guy will never ever get a job at a bank ....... F ACT
He'll blame Jews . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . . F A C T
This guy is . . . F U C . . T
I almost chocked on my mini-wheat. You're almost as bad as the Canadian-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, lest we summon him here.
Old 25 February 2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
The Federal Reserve Bank has nothing to do with the federal Government
False. While not a government entity in and of itself the Federal Reserve System is overseen by a Board of Governors who are directly appointed by the President. I think that hardly qualifies as having "nothing to do" with the Federal Government.

Quote:
The Federal Reserve is privately owned by bankers.
Owned yes, but owned by and controlled by aren't the same thing. The public owns the National Parks for instance, but the government controls them. Difference.

Quote:
The US Dollar is continuing to devalue
That's vague. On what kind of time line are we discussing here? Weeks, months, years, decades? Are talking inflation or value?

Quote:
The US Dollar and other Notes used to be backed in Gold or silver
Yes and practically all industrialized nations have moved to a Fiat standard.

Quote:
New Superhighways are being constructed from Mexico through to Canada and off to both the east and west
So we're buildings more highways so people can go places. Well if that's not writing on the walls...
Old 25 February 2007, 09:40 PM

"It creates a New entity very much like the European Union complete with a new currency...................................Fact"

I guess the author doesn't have much experience of the EU.
Old 15 March 2007, 09:50 PM
46liter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
False. While not a government entity in and of itself the Federal Reserve System is overseen by a Board of Governors who are directly appointed by the President. I think that hardly qualifies as having "nothing to do" with the Federal Government.

Owned yes, but owned by and controlled by aren't the same thing. The public owns the National Parks for instance, but the government controls them. Difference.

That's vague. On what kind of time line are we discussing here? Weeks, months, years, decades? Are talking inflation or value?

Yes and practically all industrialized nations have moved to a Fiat standard.

So we're buildings more highways so people can go places. Well if that's not writing on the walls...
Does the Fiat standard mean we can turn in our dollars for crappy Italian cars instead of gold?
Old 16 March 2007, 01:40 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkrose115 View Post
I almost chocked on my mini-wheat. You're almost as bad as the Canadian-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, lest we summon him here.
So what? Is the Canadian-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named like Bloody Mary now where all you have to do is look in a mirror and say his name three times and he will appear?
Old 16 March 2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
So what? Is the Canadian-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named like Bloody Mary now where all you have to do is look in a mirror and say his name three times and he will appear?
Maybe... Once Canuckistan gets here, no innocent keyboards shall be safe! Oh no! Look what I have done!
Old 16 March 2007, 04:05 AM
HoneyBunchingOats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post
It calls for a North American Union eliminating the need for Border security within the Confines of the N.A.U...Fact
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securit..._North_America

Quote:
Develop a common security strategy to further secure North America, focusing on:
Securing North America from external threats.
Preventing and responding to threats within North America.
Streamlining the secure and efficient movement of legitimate and low-risk traffic across shared borders
Streamlining is not exactly eliminating security.

And it was North American Community, not N.A.U.

But then I would favor anexation of the world by the U.S. and their admittance in the Union as states. If we're going to rule the world then the world should have representation in congress and be able to vote for president.
Old 16 March 2007, 06:09 PM

I was waiting for the OP to suggest that there is no gold in Fort Knox, or to say something about the Illuminati.
Our interstate system in the US was created in part to meet national defense concerns, so why shouldn't our concerns about defense argue for forward positions in Mexico and Canada? I am deeply concerned about Guatemalan imperialism and the greater threat of an alliance between Iceland and Greenland. F ACT

Ali Infree

Edited to clarify, maybe.
Old 18 March 2007, 09:12 AM

Icon27

Is there a code to the "FACT Fact F..a Ct" pattern? Maybe the author is desperately trying to tell us something, but can't do so overtly because the men in black are watching his e-mail. So he covers it up with silliness about the Federal Reserve system, but is really telling us about the secret government alliance with the reptilian aliens.
Old 18 March 2007, 11:53 AM
hobojoe44

^ You mean the Nazi space lizards who are currently deployed on the Nazi Moon base?
Old 18 March 2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe44 View Post
^ You mean the Nazi space lizards who are currently deployed on the Nazi Moon base?
Ed Straker a Nazi? Or a lizard?

It can't be true!

And Gay and Joan too!

My whole world just collapsed.
Old 18 March 2007, 12:47 PM

Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddylizard View Post
Ed Straker a Nazi? Or a lizard?

It can't be true!

And Gay and Joan too!

My whole world just collapsed.
You just made my day by referencing that classic '60s sci-fi show, UFO!

Now, you so rock.