snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Crime

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08 July 2016, 06:10 AM

Default Black gangs that require the murder of a white person to join?

I was just playing some online games with a guy who was yacking about how he couldn't go into Memphis, Tennessee anymore because an unnamed black gang there had a bounty on his head after they'd tried to kill him multiple times as a gang initiation (because they needed to kill a random white person) and failed. The whole thing sounded very ULish to me so I wanted to check, have there been any confirmed instances of ethnic gangs in the US that actually had such an initiation? The whole story was just too unbelievable a setup- his whole immediate family had been targeted but none of them had been injured and basically this gang sounded like they were about as competent as the bad guys from a PG movie where they get outwitted by the 6-year-old protagonist. Anyone else know anything?