snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Fun House

Old 11 September 2017, 05:22 PM

Mexico Mexico’s ex-leader Fox wants to run for president — of the United States

The United States just elected an outsider president, and now Vicente Fox is hoping it will elect a Mexican.

“America, I feel your pain. We all do. And that is why today I am proud to announce my candidacy for president of the United States,” said Fox, who pulled on a Trump-style red campaign cap that read: “Always ask before grabbing a pussy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3c8759c6fe57

Note: the campaign video included in the article contains a Game of Thrones spoiler. (Or at least I think it's a spoiler, I don't want the show...) Oh, and some NFBSK language (both spoken and subtitled).
Old 12 September 2017, 12:18 AM

Mouse

Fox is making some good points. Though honestly, I'm in favor of a constitutional amendment granting every adult the right to run for and be elected president, so long as they aren't Donald Trump. Whether your family has been in the country for five generations or five hours, if you're draft age or older, you can run for president.

Said rule would apply to Donald Trump's DNA specifically, so Trump can't cheat by changing his name and we don't accidentally screw over some poor schmoe unlucky enough to be named Donald Trump. This measure will also serve to protect any descendants, because it's conceivably possible that maybe one of them might grow up to be a decent person and we don't want to screw them over. I wonder if I need to put some kind of protection in it, so in the event that one of his descendants gets elected, he can't do the power-behind-the-throne/rule-from-the-shadows bit.

:sighs: Again, I would forgive the Founding Fathers for so much if they had put some kind of technicality that would keep Donald Trump out of the White House. Not slavery--that's too big a sin to forgive--but I will shut up about everything else. Heck, if the Electoral College had kept him out of office, I'd stop with my myriad rants about that.

But the Electoral College got him into office, which only adds so much more evidence for all my "The Electoral College should be done away with!" rants. The Founding Fathers had some good ideas, but they also owned slaves and considered women to be property. I'm totally in favor of jettisoning what doesn't work and holding onto what does, so why not do the same with some of their dumber, more repugnant ideas.
Old 12 September 2017, 06:51 AM

Jaded

He makes some points but at this point so could any third grader with an Internet connection. And everyone's a comedian. It's like "From one annoying reality TV politician to another..."
Old 12 September 2017, 05:50 PM

I still kind of want one of those hats.

(Aside: Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would particularly want to "grab" a woman in that particular area, other than specifically to make her feel -- uncomfortable? Violated? I mean, I can understand the urge to squeeze a breast or a buttock, and I can understand wanting more intimate contact with the naughty bits, but just to grab it? Even if I could get away with it, I don't see why I'd want to. Heck, even if a woman I was on sufficiently intimate terms with asked me to, while I would probably comply for whatever pleasure she might derive from it, I can think off-hand of dozens of other ways I'd rather touch her, many of which she would probably enjoy more as well.)
Old 12 September 2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft View Post
I still kind of want one of those hats.

(Aside: Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would particularly want to "grab" a woman in that particular area, other than specifically to make her feel -- uncomfortable? Violated? I mean, I can understand the urge to squeeze a breast or a buttock, and I can understand wanting more intimate contact with the naughty bits, but just to grab it?)
That's exactly why. It's her most private body part, one that most women keep covered, and grabbing it is entirely a dominance display - 'look what I can do'.
Old 12 September 2017, 06:20 PM

EQT, you don't "get" it because you're not interested in assaulting women to prove your dominance and bolster your pathetic ego.

If you got it, I would be surprised. And disappointed/worried.