snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 08 July 2015, 02:34 PM

Default 'Star Wars' prequel: Han Solo movie to be directed by 'Lego Movie' team

Quote:
(CNN)With his roguish charm, the gallant scoundrel Han Solo has long been one of the favorite characters in the "Star Wars" universe.

Now fans will finally get to learn the smuggler-turned-hero's backstory.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/entert...eat/index.html
Old 08 July 2015, 09:53 PM

Most importantly -- who will play the young Han Solo? Being Harrison Fords younger self is a HUGE task.
Old 08 July 2015, 10:15 PM

I was thinking Nicholas Hoult, the actor who played the young Hank McCoy (Beast) from the latest X-Men movies. All our other heros are being played by UKers, why not Han Solo.

Also, why not Chris Pratt? The directors have worked with him before and he worked well as an off-kilter unlikely hero in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Old 08 July 2015, 10:32 PM

Chris Pratt seems to be the most commonly floated name. I like him, and would definitely watch him in it, but it seems like a recipe for scheduling conflicts since he is signed on for more GotG, more Jurassic World, and is about the only name being floated for a new Indiana Jones.
Nicholas Hoult would be a good idea. Josh Hutcherson is probably my first choice for the look, and I could see Kit Harrington or Robert Madden pulling it off. Zac Efron would probably do a good job with it (although I don't want or need any ab shots from Han). Heck, even Robert Pattinson could probably pull it off.
I would actually hope for a relative unknown - give some kid with acting chops the break of a lifetime. There was a guy who played young Sam Winchester on Supernatural who would work pretty well. I don't know if he has done anything else.
Old 09 July 2015, 01:51 PM

He's in Under the Dome currently
Old 09 July 2015, 02:17 PM

I'd rather see Chris Pratt as Jack Burton in the Big Trouble in Little China remake. He's a far, far better choice for a snarky "Average Joe" type than the Rock...
Old 09 July 2015, 02:37 PM

I guess Sean Patrick Flanery is too old these days to play a much younger Harrison Ford...
Old 09 July 2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillas View Post
I guess Sean Patrick Flanery is too old these days to play a much younger Harrison Ford...
For sure. He was 27 when he played the 17 year old Indy some 23 years ago. He's now much older than Ford was when he played Han for the first time.
Old 09 July 2015, 07:59 PM

Icon18

No doubt it will be a new story that supersedes all that has gone before, but I would jump up and down and clap my hands like a small child if they opted to make it a film version of A. C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy (The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn). Those were probably my favorite of all the EU books.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Old 09 July 2015, 08:22 PM

Those were great books, Tabbyclaw. I would have put them just behind the X-Wing series and the books by Zahn, but I think they are certainly head and shoulders above the majority of the EU books. I hope we get at least some of the things from those books, especially the stuff that was kind of already established. Ideally, it would start with Han being drummed out of the Navy for rescuing Chewbacca, and end with them dumping the spice that becomes the source of Jabba's bounty on him. Ylesia was good, but I don't think you could fit it all in to one movie.

I looked at the kid in Under the Dome/Supernatural, and apparently not as much time has passed as I thought. I think he is still a little young.
Old 09 July 2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Done_Living View Post
Most importantly -- who will play the young Han Solo?
I think it should be someone who makes this prequel really worth seeing. I would go with Dakota Fanning or maybe Aml Ameen.