snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 19 December 2014, 10:57 AM

All hail Silkenray, savior of humanity! Plus, that elemental sodium will take care of those problems on the moon that are vague but definitely there, in that dream-like way things always are.
Old 19 December 2014, 09:25 PM

Not that I really needed dreams to prove it, but my husband and I are on the same, weird, wavelength. In the same night, each of us had our own dreams involving a hotel room, live bears, and sex (not with the bears).

We do work at home and spend most of our waking hours together, but none of the themes came from stuff that we had talked about or watched together that day. Just weird synchronicity.
Old 20 December 2014, 08:52 PM

Dog

TrishDaDish's art-house movie about Rory The Wonderdog has garnered several Oscar nominations and is widely tiped to win several of the big awards.

Plus several Broadway moguls are trying to buy the rights to make a musical of the movie.
Old 22 December 2014, 01:45 PM

Another of these:

Quote:

I'm all worried about my academic standing and am wondering about those courses I quit going to without formally dropping, but figured that I was in poor academic standing I would have been notified by now.

(2) I'm working for a non-profit trying to obtain music rights for the group's use of a well-known song.

(3) I'm attended some kind of a dinner (put on by the organization in (2) above?) with, in addition to the main course, shells and cheese (the brand of shells my mother refused to buy) and wine.

It's the end of the semester and I'm about to clean my books and materials out of my locker, figuring what I need for next semester and wondering if what I leave behind will be thrown out.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 22 December 2014, 02:50 PM

Brad Pitt is my boyfriend.
Old 23 December 2014, 12:36 PM

Driver

There is a section of New Hampshire Ave that is a dirt road winding through a park. Oh, there's a pack of wolves in this park as well. Rush Limbaugh and I were having a nice drive in a golf cart until we were set upon by the wolves, but I was able to get a lost police dog back to his partner.

Dawn--what the hell was in those Hershey Kisses I had before bedtime anyway?!--Storm

[The real New Hampshire Ave is a major state highway that ends in DC.]
Old 24 December 2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervus View Post
Brad Pitt is my boyfriend.
That's a different kind of dream.
Old 26 December 2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Another of these:

It's the end of the semester and I'm about to clean my books and materials out of my locker, figuring what I need for next semester and wondering if what I leave behind will be thrown out.

Thanks.

Bill

I stopped at the instructor's office to deliver some writing assignments that I was submitting late (that I may not have even finished).

The instructor was displeased that I had come by as she was busy with an international student.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 26 December 2014, 02:29 PM

Once again, I seem to have strangers living in my house without my permission.

In the basement, as I'm looking out into the distance there's a construction crew to my left, and straight ahead there are indications someone is living there, maybe a red sled.

On the way back upstairs there's a room I never noticed before on the side, with all kinds of boxing trophies and memorabilia.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 26 December 2014, 02:50 PM

Evidently I harbor unexpected and previously hidden talents. Last night I was instructing a young lady in the waltz and the tango. In waking life, I can barely walk unassisted.
Old 27 December 2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Once again, I seem to have strangers living in my house without my permission.

In the basement, as I'm looking out into the distance there's a construction crew to my left, and straight ahead there are indications someone is living there, maybe a red sled.

On the way back upstairs there's a room I never noticed before on the side, with all kinds of boxing trophies and memorabilia.

Thanks.

Bill
They weren't in my house this time, but someone was sleepwalking in back of my house and nosey neighbors (with name tags) came over to see what was going on, some of them literally running.

Also, instead of stopping at the coffee place for my morning coffee, I stopped at the orange juice place for orange juice.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 27 December 2014, 02:15 PM

There's a rubber stamp at the airport that you can use to mark cardboard boxes you're taking with you. The stamp says:

NO PERFUME
NO CADAVERS

The purpose of this stamp is unclear to me, but a number of airport staff don't know what the word "cadaver" means.
Old 27 December 2014, 05:23 PM

I have written and with my band recorded and performed a really popular techno/disco song. It is a very energetic dance song with a number of interesting sound effects.
Old 28 December 2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad from Georgia View Post
Evidently I harbor unexpected and previously hidden talents. Last night I was instructing a young lady in the waltz and the tango. In waking life, I can barely walk unassisted.
The stuff dreams are made of huh?
Old 28 December 2014, 01:07 PM

I have been appointed a US Senator*, but I am finding it very difficult to afford to live in D.C. as needed while maintaining a home here in Georgia.

*Presumably by the governor to fill a vacancy, but hey, it's a dream, they do not have to have every detail worked out.
Old 28 December 2014, 05:37 PM

I'm part of a tour group that includes Weird Al. I'm not sure where we are, but there's a beach there. Al is in a wheelchair for some reason, but it's not clear why. The other members of the group are acting like there's nothing unusual about this.
Old 29 December 2014, 02:12 PM

The trees are angry. They communicate by a very low drone that most people do not even notice unless they know what to listen for. They are taking actions by toppling dead trees into the roads.
Old 29 December 2014, 02:28 PM

Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
The trees are angry. They communicate by a very low drone that most people do not even notice unless they know what to listen for. They are taking actions by toppling dead trees into the roads.
That sounds like a Geico ad! Weren't they the ones that had high-fiving squirrels a few years ago?
Old 29 December 2014, 02:41 PM

The imagery was more like the 'if a tree falls in the woods...' GEICO ad.
Old 29 December 2014, 02:43 PM

My employer is requiring all employees to complete a training program that's a mix of "The Secret"-style new age woo and utter, uncaring selfishness. I hate it and consider just skipping the sessions, but I'm warned I could be fired for that. So in hopes of being granted an exception, I'm composing a letter to my employer stating that the program is contrary to my deeply held moral beliefs.

This segued into a reprise of an old dream that I had for years and thought I was finally done with: I'm still married to my ex and trying to get up the courage to tell him I want a divorce. [shuddder]