snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 19 March 2015, 04:09 PM

Can anybody help me find this dress?

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses...-delight-dress

I know Modcloth bring in lots of different company's clothing so I usually try to find out who makes it if it's from outside the US. This one was made in the US. I really like it but they've sold out of my size and I hope I can find it elsewhere.
Old 19 March 2015, 09:27 PM

Modcloth customer service will be able to tell you the manufacturer, and whether or not they'll be restocking the dress themselves. You can also check eBay by searching "Modcloth [name of dress]" but there's none for sale at the moment.
Old 20 March 2015, 08:32 AM

Thank you Cervus, I will try those things!
Old 20 March 2015, 11:41 AM

It's from Mystic Fashion and there's no note about it coming back in stock to Modcloth but it still might.

At least I know a name to search. Not helpful now but may be in time.
Old 19 May 2016, 09:46 PM

Has anyone here has eyebrow tinting done? I'm going in for brow waxing in a couple days, and I noticed that the salon also does tinting. Lately I've been noticing that the lighter half of my brows are disappearing in the light, making it look like I have short and stubby eyebrows even when they're shaped. My natural colour is a light brown (hair is blonde and I'm pale), and I've been trying to fill in with an eyebrow pencil. I hadn't thought of tinting before, but I'm a bit scared to try. I just want a slightly stronger brown that works with my colouring, not a dramatic clown face.
Old 19 May 2016, 09:54 PM

I've never done tinting, but due to very light-colored hair and some bare spots (thank you, defunct thyroid), I draw my brows on every day. I find that a powder works better than a pencil and is easier to apply and blend. Currently I use NYX Eyebrow Cake powder. I don't use the wax that comes with it; instead I apply a tiny dab of hair gel or pomade over my brows after applying the powder. The results last through a workday; if I'm going somewhere at night I sometimes reapply.

ETA: Before I found the NYX product, which comes in auburn, I used powder eye shadow in a reddish shade of brown.
Old 19 May 2016, 10:40 PM

I swear by tinting and a good esthetician will be able to give you the right tint - I would choose a place that meets with you to consult before they mix the dye and don't just ask "light or dark brown?". It's kind of a gut feeling as to whether someone is skilled enough to give you the right shade.
Old 20 May 2016, 11:26 AM

My first tint was way too dark, but I've had good luck since with a few different estheticians. When done well, it makes a world of difference. I also have light eyebrows that fade to even lighter, and I usually tell the esthetician I don't want anything dramatic, just to be able to see the hair that's actually there.
Old 08 August 2017, 07:28 PM

Maybe someone can help me. Stayfree has discontinued their Light pads. If I had known, I would have stocked up! Now I don't know what to buy. Their Regular pads are too big for use as tampon backup or beginning/end of period (I'm on BC pill, so don't have a heavy period).

The last time I tried Always, they gave me a rash. Anything that has a more plasticky cover does that. That's why I love Stayfee (cottony-dry cover.. I sould like an ad).

Any suggestions? I did notice a lack of the Light pads in other brands too. Not sure why.
Old 08 August 2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooeygun View Post
Maybe someone can help me. Stayfree has discontinued their Light pads. If I had known, I would have stocked up! Now I don't know what to buy. Their Regular pads are too big for use as tampon backup or beginning/end of period (I'm on BC pill, so don't have a heavy period).

The last time I tried Always, they gave me a rash. Anything that has a more plasticky cover does that. That's why I love Stayfee (cottony-dry cover.. I sould like an ad).

Any suggestions? I did notice a lack of the Light pads in other brands too. Not sure why.
Sooeygun- I had to stop using the regular Always liners after I developed a sensitivity to them. I have been using store brand cotton liners since then. They work really well for what you describe re: period bookends/tampon backup. They aren't billed as light pads but you may want to give them a try and see if they do the trick.
Old 09 August 2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Sorry, probably can't help. It took me 2+ years after my first period to discover that pads shouldn't cause itchiness and I only learned that when I tried the new brand, Always. The ones that caused me problems were Stayfree.

Carefree is my favorite, but they aren't available in Switzerland, as far as I know.
Old 10 August 2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:

I've heard the Thinx underwear can be good for this. Haven't tried it myself, but I might if I ever get an IUD. (Currently the Divacup handles everything perfectly, but I've heard it's not ideal and sometimes no longer necessary with an IUD. I'm scared of the pain, though.)
Old 10 August 2017, 08:41 AM

Always does have a newish (been around about 10 years?) line of pads that don't have that plastic mesh/covering on them at all. They're made out of a very light, super thin foam instead of a cottony pad, and the whole thing is made of the foam (and then a plastic liner, with sticky on the back and wings tabs, but I'm not sure if the smaller sizes have the wings). I use their overnight pads on even my heaviest days, and I've never had a mess, even when things are clumpy or clotty. Even those heavy duty ones are just incredibly thin and really form to my body; I know there's at least two smaller sizes available since you're looking for backup and not something that's taking the brunt of your cycle. The only time I've ever had an issue with them moving around was when I tried to stick a pad to underwear that were damp (fell on the floor while showering, etc). They're called Always Infinity, and I have wondered from time to time while stocking up what I'm going to do if they cancel that product line. I haven't run into anything with a similar foam design.
Old 11 August 2017, 12:00 AM

Mouse

So has anyone had any luck with menstrual sponges and the like? Before anyone mentions cups, I tried one like this and never again! If I'm going to pay that much to have a strange man touch my ladyparts, I'll drive to a state where there are legal male prostitutes, so I can at least have some fun to go with the massive bill.
Old 11 August 2017, 03:37 AM

Strange man what now?
Old 11 August 2017, 05:20 PM

Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Before anyone mentions cups, I tried one like this and never again!
Anyone else find this disconcerting?
Quote:
For example cups sold in the US have to be made with medical grade colorants, while MeLuna cups made for other markets do not.
I'm allergic to many artificial colors (contact dermatitis) and I can't imagine what the consequences could be with such a device. Why does it need color?

And I know you didn't want it mentioned, but I will give up my Diva Cup when I give up menstruating, and not a second sooner. I can't imagine going back to pads or tampons. To each their own.
Old 11 August 2017, 08:40 PM

So a co-worker gave me a Kotex U brand pad (full size, not the light flow one I was looking for). I tried it and it didn't make me itch. I think I'll buy a pack of the light pads and try them. My other try will be a store brand.

thanks for the input everyone.
Old 12 August 2017, 01:38 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Capacitrix View Post
And I know you didn't want it mentioned, but I will give up my Diva Cup when I give up menstruating, and not a second sooner. I can't imagine going back to pads or tampons. To each their own.
I'm glad it works out for you, but I think I better stay away. Just for once, if I wind up in the ER, I'd rather it be for a noble reason, like I tried to save a busload of schoolchildren, as opposed to all my other visits, which have so far been because of stupid reasons.
Old 12 August 2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Capacitrix View Post
Anyone else find this disconcerting?

I'm allergic to many artificial colors (contact dermatitis) and I can't imagine what the consequences could be with such a device. Why does it need color?
I read that as "colorants must be medical-grade" rather than "colorants must be used." My DivaCup is clear.
Old 13 August 2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprise Me View Post
I read that as "colorants must be medical-grade" rather than "colorants must be used." My DivaCup is clear.
It's only in reference to the MeLuna cups, which are shown as colored and the colors for outside the U.S. are no necessarily medical grade :
Quote:
...while MeLuna cups made for other markets do not.
I see no reason any menstrual cup should need color or be made of any thing other than medical-grade silicone.