snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 20 February 2018, 08:40 PM

My group got asked to do a marketing plan for our group for work. So, we found a pretty basic template and spent time filling it in, doing basic research on our competitors, and writing up what we think should be done. The CEO was impressed. VERY, very impressed, said it was the best one he had seen and sent it over to our marketing person, since she is the person that should be implementing it, and told her that it was great. Now she is pissed, basically since it is HER job and we did it better than she could, and she is being kinda nasty to us.
Now, will the CEO realize that marketing person doesn't know her job and she should be replaced? Nah, that would be too hard. We will continue to be unknown to potential clients, since she will never implement our marketing plan and we aren't allowed to do that sort of stuff.
Old 21 February 2018, 02:57 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
Really?! You don't say!
I like many of the shows on ID as well--that particular show is not one I'm interested in, but yes, some of narrators need to tone down the dramatics a bit.
The weird part is that I ram Candice Delongís name through Google and she does actually have some credentials and possesses more than just a laymanís knowledge of the criminal mind. She probably could give some intelligent commentary, yet they have her stating the thuddingly obvious.
Old 21 February 2018, 01:43 PM

I'm sure she's given a script to read. The ID channel is a guilty pleasure for both DH and myself.
Old 21 February 2018, 02:17 PM

My laptop won't turn on this morning. (I'm typing this on my phone.) But maybe that's fortuitous. Like I was saying earlier in this thread, I've been spending too much time messing around online anyway. Sign from the universe? Or I could just spend my morning reading Snopes on my phone...

ETA: Laptop is working now. Threat to the status quo neutralized

Last edited by Veruca; 21 February 2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 21 February 2018, 02:55 PM

Hooray! Productivity has be thwarted!

For now...
Old 25 February 2018, 01:37 PM

I ordered a book from an author's website. When I got the confirmation email, the shipping address was incorrect. The email was from a "do not reply" account and contained no information about who to contact if there's a problem. I checked the "store" section of the author's website, and there's no customer service information.

So I emailed the author directly, which may end up being a little thing that annoys her, since I have no idea if she's actually involved in processing orders in any way. But I couldn't figure out any other option. And I feel slightly guilty, since I should have double-checked my shipping address before I submitted my order, but I still find this situation a little annoying.