snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Old 17 July 2018, 08:57 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Love SNOPES. Your site is a light in a political storm. Thank you for your service.
Old 18 July 2018, 12:43 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you so much for your research into these facts to check whether they are true or not. So much disinformation is out there, it's great that somebody is fact checking it for us.
Old 18 July 2018, 05:44 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Dear Sir/Madam:
I learned about you all just last night through a dear friend of mine. There was an issue published on Facebook about AFGHANISTAN MUSLIMS KILLING A NUMBER OF CHRISTIANS. Which turned out to be a FALSE POST. I did delete the shared post from my Timeline immediately. From now onward I WILL FACT CHECK WITH YOU ALL BEFORE MAKING CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE ISSUES I SEE ON SOCIAL MEDIA. THANKS TO YOU ALL. I CANNOT RIGHT DONATE NOW BUT LORD WILLING I WILL IN THE FUTURE. THANKS AND GREETINGS TO YOU ALL
Old 19 July 2018, 03:24 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello, I am simply sending this message to thank you for what you guys do. with so much misinformation on the internet, it's nice to have something that calls this out or simply shows that something is actually true. If I had money I could spare I would donate to you guys but as I do not I thought a message of gratitude would be the next best thing. Thank you for what you do and best of wishes towards you in the future
Old 20 July 2018, 12:43 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for being the voice of reason. So many things pop up on social media that causes confusion and anger. It's nice to have a site that researches and states the facts.
Old 23 July 2018, 12:11 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Huge fan of yours. Your articles contribute greatly to the quality of my life. Many thanks to you all.
Old 01 August 2018, 12:21 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Love you fact checkers!!! I passed on a fake statement, sent to me by an old friend who was new to using social media. They had not checked it to see if it was false. A close friend told me about snopes.com. Now with your help I'm not passing on fake news. Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your hard work. Have a good day!
Old 02 August 2018, 01:30 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I appreciate the availablilty of having information at hand that has been researched and proven true in light of all the misinformation the public is casually being fed in today’s world. Thank you.
Old 02 August 2018, 01:54 PM
snopes minion

Comment: It's been a long time but I remember coming across Snopes about 18 years ago. I'm intrigued by fact-checking and premises of Investigation. Unfortunately were in an era where you cannot believe everything that you see in fact we have a lot of hoax, scams, astroturfing, smearing. You name it it's on there. I can remember when the internet used to be something you can look up readily without any problem for educational purposes and not have to worry about if it was real or not. The internet now has gone above and beyond reproach. The future looks very bleak and which you cannot eat and look up something without sitting there and dig deep for research and even then you still have to be careful. I must applaud you that you do the best you can to check out the facts and do investigations into this stuff. it's extremely important to keep intact the Integrity in which information was meant to be. It is truly appreciated the extensive journalism that you do. I know it must be exhausting to try to get to everything if not a huge uphill battle. Thank you once again.
Old 06 August 2018, 01:49 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello, I only just recently found out about your website and just wanted to say thank you for the hard work put into your website and articles, such a relief to see a harbour from the madness that is the internet and news as of late. Keep up the good work!
Old 09 August 2018, 01:40 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Not to come across all mushy and sappy, but I really have no higher respect for any organization out there than I do for you guys. The Innocence Project and like organizations are at the top for me and you guys are right beside them. I REALLY have a profound respect for what you all do. Thank You.
PS: I'm working out the donation thing. Gotta talk to the boss(Wife) about it.
Old 13 August 2018, 12:27 AM
snopes minion

Comment: I just want to say -- Snopes is the best.
Old 16 August 2018, 01:38 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Let me begin by giving a little bit of my background. I am a white middle aged man from Mississippi. I spent 21 years in the Army National Guard, normally vote republican, and fall on the conservative side of many partisan arguments. I have always heard that websites like this one are primarily biased towards the liberal side of the spectrum. I am not one to solely take anyone's word on things of this nature, so I have been perusing your site for a couple of years now. I do see a tendency to lean left by the writers of many articles, but I see no agenda to sway things in a certain direction. I too find it maddening to see misleading memes traded like they are gospel truth on social media sites. I see this "fake news" as one of the main contributors to our sour state of relations between the perceived sides of the arguments. They make it hard to explain things like: while I support gun ownership and voter ID laws, I also support social programs designed to help those in need like food stamps or affordable/government funded healthcare programs. I know this is long winded to say thank you, but there it is, thank you for continuing to try to do the research that so many of us are too lazy to do ourselves. Please continue to try to keep your own personal politics out of it, as I have seen for the vast majority of your content. Again, from one southern redneck republican (I have a degree so I can't claim uneducated), Thank you for what you do.