snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Closed Thread

Old 10 April 2016, 12:32 AM

I never remember to bring coupons with me, even if it's for something I was going to buy anyway.
Old 10 April 2016, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Capacitrix View Post
Our Visa card is from a local store who had decided to revamp their agreement with Visa. So we received the new cards, which have new numbers. And new PINs to memorized.

Next time I order something on Amazon I will have to input the entire 16 digit number plus the expiration date, plus the security code. It's going to take so long!

And I don't remember if I put a Visa card on Amazon.com, if Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk also get the information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkMcD View Post
No, they are separate systems.
It might be because I have an Amazon Visa, but I just logged into Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk and they not only have my newest payment method (updated in October), but also all of my current addresses.
Old 11 April 2016, 06:30 PM

Got a notice from our landlord that the cable company will be coming in to replace something (affects all apts). It requires me to make sure they can get at the wall with the cable outlet. Of course this is buried behind a bunch of stuff that I don't really want to move.

Because it's the cable company, I feel like contacting them and saying we will only allow access for a 3 hour window a week from now (and then 5 minutes before the end of the window calling to reschedule). But I won't do it.
Old 12 April 2016, 02:37 AM

The cable at the B&B I'm staying at doesn't include AMC, so I can't watch Better Call Saul.
Old 12 April 2016, 02:56 AM

Ugh I hate that. Only for me it's Comedy Central and Cartoon Network that are must haves.
Old 12 April 2016, 06:21 AM

Vanishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I never remember to bring coupons with me, even if it's for something I was going to buy anyway.
Coupons and members cards are my first world problems. Even though I do use them when they are convenient enough, on balance I wouldn't mind if they didn't exist. If I forget them, I consider that a win in most cases.
Old 12 April 2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I still, even though it's been a few years now, have a hard time remembering to bring my own bags into the grocery store. Oddly, and sadly somewhat typically for me, I have no problem buying reusable bags, especially if they're cute .
Old 12 April 2016, 03:50 PM

Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I still, even though it's been a few years now, have a hard time remembering to bring my own bags into the grocery store. Oddly, and sadly somewhat typically for me, I have no problem buying reusable bags, especially if they're cute .
It took me forever to develop that habit! (I've been using my own bags for a little over 20 years) I found it helpful to put the bags on/under/near your purse. Be patient with yourself.

ETA: Yesterday I needed to go into a store in a strip mall--I missed an entrance and had to use the main entrance. I also had to double back in the parking lot because the store was near that second entrance.

Last edited by DawnStorm; 12 April 2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added my FWP.
Old 12 April 2016, 06:50 PM

I'm spending the week on the Florida Space Coast at dragon boat camp. We are staying in a condo on the ocean. The waves crashing on the beach are so loud that I have to close the door to take a phone call and in the morning the sun rise is blinding.
Old 15 April 2016, 06:27 PM

Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife! View Post
in the morning the sun rise is blinding.

Everybody traveling eastbound has that problem including me. It really slows down Beltway commuters. Here's sun in your eyes!
Old 15 April 2016, 07:55 PM

i dont like fake chocolate but i love banana splits -- so when i order a banana split, i ask for strawberry pineapple strawberry --- as my three toppings.. am i wrong to ask for a redo when i get strawberry strawberry pineapple?
Old 15 April 2016, 08:09 PM

Yes. Just eat them ACB instead of ABC.
Old 16 April 2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
How big is your regular purse? I keep one or two of these rolled up inside my purse all the time, because I can never remember either.
Old 17 April 2016, 01:44 AM

Mouse

I made a post towards the end of a thread that got lost when a new page was started. Now I'll never get answers to the questions plaguing me, unless I repost. Ugh...
Old 17 April 2016, 05:33 AM

My mom and I (mostly the former) are researching wedding photographers, and as I'd previously heard, an awful lot of them have an awfully high opinion of themselves and the utter peril their reputations would be in if they didn't micromanage the use of their work by the people who hire them. That is, many of them have contracts that specify that not only do they retain the copyright to their photos, giving the bridal couple only a limited print release, but they have all sorts of restrictions on what you're allowed to do with the photos beyond personal-use-only--no alterations, no uncredited publication, sometimes no social media sharing at all--under the supposed justification that these clauses are necessary to protect themselves professionally. I would understand if it were an either-or kind of thing--i.e. "if you're not going to share the original photos we took and instead slap a tacky instagram filter over it and/or airbrush off your nostrils, please leave our name off it." But the contracts are written so broadly, you'd be violating multiple clauses if you simply cropped one to use as your profile picture. Obviously everyone does this anyway, and I've yet to hear of any bridal couple getting sued over it, so it seems like it ought to be negotiable in the contract.

My mom found a photographer she liked, and knowing how I feel about this issue, got me a copy of his contract. I emailed him to explain my concerns and inquire whether the publication and ownership clauses were negotiable, and he--knowing I was a lawyer--wrote me back this utter bullshit jibberish response about how the contract simply couldn't legally be modified. I'm so disgusted someone would think he could pull that crap with me, I'm unwilling to spend any more time on this guy. My mom wants to keep working on him, and wants me to propose language for the contract. Um, he already said no, and I'm busy. How about we find someone who a) isn't an idiot, and b) doesn't mistake me for one?
Old 17 April 2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprise Me View Post
That is, many of them have contracts that specify that not only do they retain the copyright to their photos, giving the bridal couple only a limited print release,
Now I'm feeling old. When we got married in 1992, the photographer allowed us to buy the negatives since we were moving to the other side of the U.S. and the photographer didn't want to bother with an out-of-area customer.
Old 17 April 2016, 05:18 PM

Is he still available?
Old 19 April 2016, 01:15 AM

Mouse

Ugh, I made another post in the Stupid Questions thread and still didn't get an answer to my stupid question. Arrgh!

Out of curiosity, is there a simplified version of Wikipedia out there that strips away some of the confusing jargon? Because sometimes I want to learn stuff and need them to explain it to me like I'm stupid.
Old 19 April 2016, 01:37 AM

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page may be what you're looking for.
Old 19 April 2016, 12:38 PM

My cookie butter was too hard to spread easily over my toasted English muffin because I had to use a plastic knife... like an animal!!

The horror!
THE
HOR
ROR!

Closed Thread