snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 11 June 2018, 02:13 PM

Default Robert De Niro's Trump comments at Tony Awards go viral

Tell us how you really feel Robert De Niro.

The venerable actor ended up getting bleeped Sunday night at the Tony Awards when he dropped some f-bombs about President Donald Trump while introducing a performance by Bruce Springsteen.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/11/enter...nys/index.html
Old 11 June 2018, 04:09 PM

I rather wondered what he had said.
Old 11 June 2018, 04:25 PM

I could go either way in my opinion on this. Leaving aside my agreement with the sentiment and my loathing for Trump I guess I do wish sometimes that we could declare Trump free zones now and then.
Old 11 June 2018, 04:50 PM

I'm not sure why "F--- Trump" deserved a standing ovation; that phrase should be the default human sentiment.
Old 12 June 2018, 01:25 AM

I agree. While that is my opinion of little donnie, I don't think I would have stood up to applaud that comment. But, in my opinion with nothing to back it up, I think that most of the people at the Tony's are wealthy. Thus proving not all rich people are Republican. Of course a study of the people who admit to voting for trump (actually, many brag about it) shows that they are not wealthy. However, they are not poor, they are just temporarily financially distressed.
Old 12 June 2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Of course a study of the people who admit to voting for trump (actually, many brag about it) shows that they are not wealthy. However, they are not poor, they are just temporarily financially distressed.
A vanishingly small fraction of a percent who actually donate significant amounts to fund the campaigns are wealthy. But among the actual voting base rather than donors, the distinguish characteristics are lack of a college education and white, and either religious or old. People who are intimidated by people who have read a book other than the bible. Which they haven't actually read either, only carefully selected passages that support their prejudices.