snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Medical

Old 28 December 2006, 10:23 PM

Icon86 The woman who spent Christmas at the world's toughest detox resort

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

Quote:
Guests flush out toxins with twice-daily self-adminstered colemas - a cross between an enema and colonic irrigation (which also happens to be a cross between embarrassment and discomfort). Apocryphal stories abound of these colemas also flushing out marbles swallowed in childhood.
Old 04 January 2007, 02:43 AM

What I found interesting was this:

Quote:
There are other signs that indicate toxins are leaving my body. My tongue keeps exuding a thick yellow-white paste. And although the colemas are non-eventful in the first few days, by day three or four I'm seeing disturbing amounts of white and yellow mucus.

By days five and six I'm getting a putrid smell and witness bizarre ribbons of mucoid plaque.

During days seven and eight the matter takes on a distinctive, nauseating meaty smell. On day nine, I have the most disturbing result of all and I gag in horror. I've expelled what looks and smells like venison stew - a mass of meat and gristle which has been slowcooking in my stomach for years.
Is this a result of the fasting, the coconut juice, the "Cleansing mix" or what?

-Rogue