snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Techno-Babble

Old 27 November 2018, 03:14 PM

In addition to that, there have been a couple documentaries I've seen on the Wright Brothers that said that the reason they were able to make a sustained flight where others before them had failed was due to their aircraft's steering ability: they had the ability to make corrections while previous attempts would simply pitch or roll uncontrollably and crash before being able to achieve significant air time.
Old 28 November 2018, 03:14 PM

Airplane

I feel like this conversation is steering off topic.

The headline is slightly misleading in that it's not the plane itself which has no moving parts, but the propulsion system. AIUI, rockets use thrust vectoring for flight control. I'm not sure to what extent ramjets and the like use thrust vectoring.