snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Social Studies

Old 12 January 2019, 02:18 PM

Australia

Soccer players after very goal, just saying.

Last edited by SatansHobbit; 12 January 2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: I f***ing hate hate it when you make a flippant comment out of the blue, but it ends up starting page two.
Old 12 January 2019, 08:32 PM

Baseball

In a few of the junior hockey team areas the kiss cam is popular. When I was in Kingston a few years ago, I was with a colleague and she said that if the cam landed on us, we'd peck so as not to make a scene. I said OK, but it did not land on us.

Late in the game, during the 3rd period, the cam went around and showed another pair. They did not want to kiss, but the two guys in the next seats laid a big smooch on each other. It cause a hilarious reaction from the audience.

The rest of the game, my colleague and I were talking about whether that was a truly gay couple, or whether it was two friends who, like us, decided that if a camera were placed on them, they'd smooch for the camera.
Old 13 January 2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
The ASL screen name has a long and storied past. It rivals the origins for the Mr. Sparkle logo in terms of convolutedness, which famously resembles Homer Simpson's head, but only coincidentally.
There's your answer, fishbulb.
Old 14 January 2019, 03:55 PM

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
I do sometimes wonder what language UEL is talking in. Canadian, I think. I've met him enough times...
Urban as an Extra Language?

Old 14 January 2019, 05:16 PM

I was at a local hockey game where they did this. The crowd cheered as the camera went from couple to couple and each kissed. One woman just sat still. As the crowd cheered louder she clearly mouthed, "He's my son". The crowd sent went from cheering to everyone saying "Oooh" all at once.