snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 13 September 2018, 06:19 PM

I am trying the new season of American Horror Story again, even though it inevitably goes off the rails every season. I know I'm focusing on the wrong things, but the logistics of this elite bunker are driving me nuts. Minor spoilers from the first episode if you haven't seen it.

They've had enough advance warning to prepare and organize this whole facility, and hundreds of millions of dollars paid for room in it, and all they can afford to allocate for food is an 18 month supply of flavorless nutrition cubes, and they're resorting to cannibalism in the first week? The average Alex Jones listener or Mormon could probably doomsday prep better than those morons.

And despite their inexplicably harsh emergency rations, they insist on elaborate clothing made of delicate materials. With natural sources becoming contimated by fallout, fresh water is going to be at least as precious as food, but they're going to direct so much of it to grooming. Plus any of the cleaning chemicals and cosmetics could have been food storage instead. And these are not just clothes they can dump in an industrial washer and forget about. It's at least 1 grey worth of full time garment care, which is one more mouth to feed, hastening their inevitable starvation by weeks, at least.

They should be trivially capable of stockpiling decades worth of food, of not very high quality, but still more appealing than agar cubes, and they should be able to dress it up pretty well if they're willing to devote as much labor to frivolities as they do. The harder part of stockpiling would be the water rather than the food, so they'd have to be very strict about showers and other cleaning uses, long before they'd need to starve.
Old 13 September 2018, 07:45 PM

Sounds like the new season is Vault-Tec, the TV show. Let me know if it turns out that the bunker is actually an experiment being perpetrated on the residents.

I wish they would make a Fallout TV show or movie series.
Old 14 September 2018, 12:39 PM

Psychic

I binge watched all of Magic for Humans on Netflix...

He made a kid cry, because of a missing marshmallow!

But he did give him one to make him feel better.

"It disappeared? just like magic?"
"Yeah"