snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 01 April 2007, 04:03 AM
Kersten

Icon86 "Recreated" post-mortem photos of Anna Nicole?

NSFBK link (includes photo)! I searched the boards for this, but didn't find anything. Chow me if it's been covered...

"No wonder the National Enquirer wasn't more sheepish about its phony photos of Anna Nicole Smith's corpse. They weren't phony after all—or so sources at publisher American Media are claiming."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-not-fakes.php
Old 01 April 2007, 04:59 AM
Malalaise

Well,the title of the article says not fake,so it's got to be real!

They say an artist reaches it's greatest renown after death,and in ANS's case it certainly is true.After she died she monopolized all the news groups.You couldn't read or listen to any media that didn't mention ANS.So knowing this,I wouldn't be surprised is a daring reporter would sneak his way to get a peak at the corpse and snap a quick pic. So until proof of the contrary I'd say it's real
Old 06 April 2007, 07:44 PM
flowergirl

Icon220 Where's the pink?

I read an article that stated Anna Nicole had pink hair extensions at the time of her death. I don't see them in the picture.

Here's a link to the article. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070326/...a_nicole_smith

Last edited by flowergirl; 06 April 2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added link to news article
Old 06 April 2007, 07:58 PM

I say it's crap. They would have put a tube down her throat at the hospital, and that stays in when they put the body in the bag, so the coroner can evaluate it during the autopsy.

Even if they didn't tube her, like if she was already DOA, she looks too...pretty...in the photo, like she's just sleeping, only a bit blueish. Dead people don't look like they're sleeping. With CPR having been performed on her, there would be evidence of violent trauma.

This is not a photo that someone could have "sneaked". It's pretty close-up.

I call fake-o-rama.

ETA: Also, tell me why, what would be the purpose, of putting her in the body bag and zipping it up only to the neck? To let the photographers in?
Old 06 April 2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleupp View Post
Dead people don't look like they're sleeping.
Depends on how they died and how long ago. My aunt thought my cousin was sleeping until he fell out of the chair when she tried to wake him.

I vote fake because she looks too dead. Like CSI makeup dead.