snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 21 September 2012, 02:27 AM

Default What new shows are you watching?

So what new TV shows are people watching, and what do you think so far?

The only two I've caught so far are:

Revolution, which I thought was excellent. I've been disappointed in J.J. Abrams' recent series, like "Undercovers" and "Alcatraz", but the pilot didn't disappoint. Heavy on the action and intrigue, a strong cast, and quite a few surprises.

Mob Doctor I liked the pilot quite a bit, but suspect the show's going to lose steam pretty quick. The lead actress is very good, and I appreciated that she was morally ambiguous instead of a do-gooder. But I worry we're basically going to see her facing the same dilemmas every week. I'll keep watching and hope they surprise me, but my expectations aren't high.
Old 21 September 2012, 02:36 AM

I've been watching Go On. It's not amazing, but it's made me laugh a few times and it touches on a few subjects that are close to me. I've always liked Matthew Perry, and I'm a fan of any show or movie that can portray people with emotional problems without demonizing or ridiculing them. (Well, I guess you could argue there's a little ridiculing, since it's a sitcom, but the humor is sympathetic to the characters, you know?)
Old 21 September 2012, 02:43 AM

Revolution sounds similar to something on my to-be-read pile, S. M. Stirling's Dies the Fire. Maybe the show's creators are fans of Stirling's Emberverse.
Old 21 September 2012, 03:54 AM

Canada

I want to catch the pilot of Elementary just to see how it goes, but let's face it: I've been spoiled by Sherlock, so the deck is already stacked against the new show. I haven't watched broadcast television in over a year, with the exception of sporting events, and nothing is really attracting my attention.
Old 21 September 2012, 03:55 AM

I have to say Mateus, you're being more generous than I am. I won't even watch the pilot.
Old 21 September 2012, 05:45 AM

Icon18

I'm also finding Go On sweet and charming, not laugh-out-loud funny but worth a couple grins and giggles per episode. Still debating whether I want to try Revolution; post-apoc is one of those genres that I adore in theory but which always disappoints me.

And not new but new to me, I just got into Haven last month and am champing at the bit for the new season.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Old 25 January 2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I want to catch the pilot of Elementary just to see how it goes, but let's face it: I've been spoiled by Sherlock, so the deck is already stacked against the new show.
They have been advertising "Elementary" here. And advertising and advertising and advertising it. Just put it on already!!! I am almost over it before it begins!!! I will give it a go but it will have to be good to replace "Sherlock" in my heart humf, they ("Elementary" cast) aren't the real Sherlock and Watson When it "Sherlock" coming back?
Old 25 January 2013, 02:59 PM

Continum on SyFy is pretty good. Considering the spate of bad Sci-fi dramas recently, I didn't have high hopes on it. I was pleasently surprised

Also, I think The Joe Schmo Show is going to be the show I hate myself for watching. Actually, I'm not really watching it. It's more like background noise while I'm surfing or playing online.. Of NFBSK it.. I'm watching it
Old 24 September 2014, 04:30 PM

I've been watching Skin Wars on GSN, it's my guilty pleasure.

Quote:
I don't think that Forever has quite hit a comfortable groove yet, but then there have only been 2 shows
Two? I thought there was only the pilot on for two separate nights. If not, I missed some! I like the premise. No it doesn't grab you right away, but I have hope.

On a side note, I can't believe Sleepy Hollow is still on! I abandoned it after the third episode. Did it get better?

ETA: I did miss an episode of Forever. Bummer. Good thing I can watch it online.

Last edited by TripleAAA; 24 September 2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 21 September 2012, 02:38 AM

I'm liking The Newsroom. And even though it's not new, I've just got in to Justified.