snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Medical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11 July 2016, 10:09 PM
overyonder overyonder is offline
 
Join Date: 03 March 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,015
Default Beaver attack paddle boarder on Beaver Lake

http://www.wltx.com/news/local/beave...n-nc/269823739

*attacks

OY
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12 July 2016, 03:28 AM
Latiam's Avatar
Latiam Latiam is offline
 
Join Date: 19 June 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,468
Default

Beavers are scary. They look so cute in the water and then they get out and you realize how NFBSKing big they are.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20 July 2016, 12:26 AM
Eoin's Avatar
Eoin Eoin is offline
 
Join Date: 25 May 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 161
Military [Insert appropriate punny expletive]

Hey, that paddle was his log. Go build your own barricade. There's a reason it's called Beaver Lake.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20 July 2016, 02:13 PM
overyonder overyonder is offline
 
Join Date: 03 March 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
Hey, that paddle was his log. Go build your own barricade. There's a reason it's called Beaver Lake.
That was my original thinking: Beaver Lake beaver attack.

OY
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20 July 2016, 09:52 PM
Skeptic's Avatar
Skeptic Skeptic is offline
 
Join Date: 16 July 2005
Location: Logan, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latiam View Post
Beavers are scary. They look so cute in the water and then they get out and you realize how NFBSKing big they are.
I've never met a beaver, but I can imagine they could be scary. It's the same with koalas. They look all cute in a zoo, but if you happen to see one in the wild they're a mangy scary little creature from hell, with a voice to match.


This reminds me of my sister driving through Ireland, and just as she passed a sign for a town called Birdhill, a bird crapped on her car.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21 July 2016, 02:54 AM
Dasla's Avatar
Dasla Dasla is offline
 
Join Date: 15 April 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
I've never met a beaver, but I can imagine they could be scary. It's the same with koalas. They look all cute in a zoo, but if you happen to see one in the wild they're a mangy scary little creature from hell, with a voice to match.

shrug. I have picked up a wild koala. I was aware the weren't as cudddly as they look but it was on the road, needed to be moved and no-one else was going to do it. And I wouldn't decribe it as mangy.

The male mating call is a weird, weird sound though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21 July 2016, 03:39 AM
Beachlife!'s Avatar
Beachlife! Beachlife! is offline
 
Join Date: 23 June 2001
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 28,057
Default

I found Kiwi birds to be far scarier in person.

And Raccoons. Raccoons are only cute from a distance. Not so cute when they're going through your garbage.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21 July 2016, 02:16 PM
Dasla's Avatar
Dasla Dasla is offline
 
Join Date: 15 April 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasla View Post
shrug. I have picked up a wild koala. I was aware the weren't as cudddly as they look but it was on the road, needed to be moved and no-one else was going to do it. And I wouldn't decribe it as mangy.

The male mating call is a weird, weird sound though.
Oh just too let you know Skeptic, this was when I was living in Logan. In Springwood. Just thought you might be interested.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23 July 2016, 08:20 AM
Dasla's Avatar
Dasla Dasla is offline
 
Join Date: 15 April 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife! View Post
I found Kiwi birds to be far scarier in person.
So you are scared of women from New Zealand.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23 July 2016, 09:09 AM
kitap's Avatar
kitap kitap is online now
 
Join Date: 20 January 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 9,459
Whalephant

Something's been watching CBS's Zoo!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lake disappears after thunderstorms A Turtle Named Mack Crash and Burn 5 06 June 2015 02:24 AM
Beaver Butts Emit Goo Used for Vanilla Flavoring A Turtle Named Mack The Bad Gastronomer 4 05 February 2015 07:05 PM
Swede bloodied in surprise beaver attack Floater Wild Kingdom 1 08 July 2013 01:39 PM
Beaver Bites Man to Death A Turtle Named Mack Wild Kingdom 1 11 April 2013 04:58 PM
Alligator-like creature in Lake Ontario Jenn Fauxtography 11 16 June 2010 07:19 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.