snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Diversions > Book Corner

Old 28 July 2015, 07:12 PM

Default True-crime author Ann Rule, who wrote about former co-worker Ted Bundy, has died

True-crime writer Ann Rule, who wrote more than 30 books, including a profile of her former co-worker, serial killer Ted Bundy, has died at age 83.

Rule died at Highline Medical Center at 10:30 p.m. Sunday, said Scott Thompson, a spokesman for CHI Franciscan Health. Rule's daughter, Leslie Rule, said on Facebook that her mother had many health issues, including congestive heart failure.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/true-crime...212207003.html

True crime is not a genre I read much but I made an exception for a few of her books. The most chilling being Small Sacrifices.
Old 28 July 2015, 07:35 PM

Oh no! I really liked her and have read a great number of her books. RIP, Ann.
Old 28 July 2015, 11:58 PM

Mouse

I've read a few of her books. Never read one I liked as much as the first one I read Small Sacrifices but I still respect her. While I thought her book about the Green River Killer was flawed, the fact that she made a point of fleshing out the stories of each of his victims, even though there were over forty of them...it was awesome. Because even though most of them were prostitutes, they still mattered.
Old 29 July 2015, 02:20 PM

Glasses

Co-worker is something of a misnomer. They were both volunteers at a hot line.

I met her in about 1981, when she came to talk to one of my classes about her book, The Stranger Beside Me. I didn't know that was her first book. She was fascinating to listen to.

She didn't trigger my love of true crime, but she sure fed it.

Seaboe
Old 29 July 2015, 06:12 PM

Reading

My husband's uncle, who is a (now retired) psychologist, is mentioned in Rule's book "Dead by Sunset" -- he interviewed the children as part of the divorce case, and she interviewed him in her research for the book.