snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Old 15 March 2016, 04:53 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you Snopes.com for always being there to help sift through the many layers of b.s. that circulate around the internet.
Old 15 March 2016, 09:46 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just wanted to send a quick note of gratitude. I appreciate your unbiased research on the stories and "news" reports that get circulated around the interweb. Regardless of your personal political leanings, it's refreshing to see such a well known source of information who does not engage in false narratives and misinformation. Thank you for remaining honest. I rely on your reports quite frequently.
Old 18 March 2016, 06:04 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Just wanted to say thank you. I come here occasionally to check things out - there are few places to believe anymore and you do a great service. And now, I can go have a soothing cup of tea, worm free. Again, thanks.
Old 19 March 2016, 08:22 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for offering the truth. It's very rare these days to find any group or organization that is only interested in getting the real story out and not some sensationalized version of the truth that they use to further an agenda or get clicks. I have a lot of respect for snopes and what you are trying to accomplish.
Old 25 March 2016, 03:00 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for the work you do. Thank you for the careful writing, the attention to syntax, the clarity of expression. Thank you for taking the time & effort to investigate beyond the surface issue so as to give the topic some real context, or history, as the case may be; this extra information you provide makes reading your reports all the more enjoyable. I have thoroughly enjoyed your work product ever since I subscribed to your email "newsletters." I truly appreciate being able to turn to you for the "straight skinny," & I hope that, despite the weird flak you catch from some readers, you're able to enjoy providing such an excellent service. In summary, thank you very much,
Old 25 March 2016, 03:11 PM
snopes minion

Comment: You are my go to source for verify anything I see online that I may have doubts about its validity. It may sound like an absurd statement, but you research actually has a tremendous effect on my life helping by helping me separate fact from fiction. Whenever I receive an email containing any information that I'm not entirely sure of, I always consult Snopes prior to my forwarding it.
Thank you so much for all the time and effort you continue to put into this most useful of sites.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:14 PM
snopes minion

Cheer

Comment: Thank you so much for your undying dedication to the truth! I quote you often in my weekly newspaper column and constantly advise people to not accept everything they hear or read as gospel, and to make a habit of fact checking. In this election year it is more crucial than ever.
Old 30 March 2016, 05:27 PM
snopes minion

Cheer

Comment: I feel the need to express my appreciation for snopes. I'm a librarian and have used your site since the beginning. I also use it in my instruction to teach web site evaluation, and whether the students can validate the information they are being given, and to be especially wary of information they automatically agree with.

Thanks again!
Old 11 April 2016, 07:38 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I haven't opened Snopes for many months and I find it incredibly changed (for good!).
I observe that the number of stupid and false news has increased exponentially since I use the internet, one is almost certain that they are untrue but sometimes one thinks…perhaps?
The users of internet should raise a monument honouring all the people who investigate for the page.
Thank you for your help
Old 15 April 2016, 02:06 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Phenomenal article. Elegantly and diplomatically written, while still hitting home the salient points and demonstrating thorough knowledge of the subject.

It also convinced me.

(http://www.snopes.com/confederate-flag-history/)
Old 17 April 2016, 02:48 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thanks for your service. Slander is easy. What you do correcting deliberate lies is hard.
Old 18 April 2016, 02:08 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I have all of my college students fact check a story (of their choosing) through your website. You have become an invaluable source for my critical thinking and sources lecture!
Old 18 April 2016, 02:31 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. Thank you for your wonderful site. With all the crap and millions of articles I always turn to snopes to find out what's true and what isn't I have anxiety and if it wasn't for your site iWork's be a mess with all of the stuff that's out there!!! Just wanted to say thank you keep up the great work !!!
Old 18 April 2016, 05:15 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for your work. This site is one of the essential elements of the internet - we couldn't get to the truth without you!
Old 25 April 2016, 06:03 PM
snopes minion

I need to thank you, Snopes, for doing what you do. I'm transgender, and a lot of my friends on Facebook that don't really understand spend a lot of time posting propaganda against people like me (most recently the urinals in target washrooms). And your website has helped me debunk a lot of it and I am just so grateful. Words cannot express how thankful I am that you people are here doing what you do.

Thank you so much.
Old 03 May 2016, 02:10 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you, Snopes, for giving me an easy to access link to shut down the haters who create false memes with facts. Shooting down crappy memes is easy with Snopes. You're the best!
Old 04 May 2016, 01:04 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hey Snopes

Just wanted to say that I very much appreciate your attitude when dealing with beliefs and whatnot - just read your article about the missing day. As a Christian (who believes the Bible), I really hate it when people just believe whatever on the internet without checking it out - they share crap willy-nilly, not even checking to see if it is true. And this makes us all look stupid, especially when it is all made up, and not even logical.

However, reading your comments, I really appreciated your comments - you didn't mock us (Christians), even when we do stupid things, nor did you belittle our belief in God or the Bible. Rather, you presented the facts, and simply stated how you understand how easily something like this is perpetuated. It would have been very easy to paint us all as morons, but you dealt with it with understanding and level-headedness.

I appreciate it, and always have appreciated that about your website.

Thanks!
Old 10 May 2016, 02:19 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Love your page. As an avid Facebook user I love to check your page first before I repost many items to check authenticity. Keep up the great work.
Old 10 May 2016, 08:17 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just wanted to thank you for what you do. I have lost count of how many times I have used your site to counter the misinformation being posted on the internet. I have tried, thouh it seems unsucessfully, to get family and friends to check fact checking sites before posting. My rule, if it is too good, or too bad to be true, it usually is. Keep up the good work. Again thank you.

I do not know how many times I have had to see a post of a dog saving people in the towers. Though that is one of the least noxious ones.
Old 12 May 2016, 12:57 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Snopes.com is a kick ass site. Love you guys. Keep up the good fight!