snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Politics

Old 04 September 2010, 08:06 AM

Default Reasons why President Obama is the Worst President in History

1. He has loaded up every child in this nation with more debt than any President in history.

2. With his policies and the threat of more such policy, he has destroyed more wealth than any human being in history, which is always what happens when you set out to redistribute wealth: you end up destroying it.

3. He has brought us to the brink of the most massive tax increases in history and if we donít elect enough Republicans in November to stop him that is exactly what we will get.

4. He has forced through legislation without a single republican vote that may well destroy the finest health care system in history when all we needed were some measures to control costs.

5. He has divided America along racial lines in destructive ways and he is doing so again by suing Arizona over its attempt to control the drug trade and human smuggling trade threatening its security.

6. He has failed to form a policy to adequately deal with the vicious Mexican drug cartels that are essentially running parts of that nation and becoming an increasing threat to ours.

7. He has traveled the world making apologies for America instead of defending its timeless and treasured ideals of freedom and peace for all nations of good will.

8. He has said there is nothing exceptional about America, something no other president has ever said and something which alone suggests he is a historically poor president.

9. He has hired people of strange and radical views to hold important federal posts in which they pursue more bad policy that no administration in history has ever pursued.
Old 04 September 2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
1. He has loaded up every child in this nation with more debt than any President in history.
I do find the growing the growing national debt to be very troubling and I am disappointed that our lawmakers as a whole aren't doing more to address it, but to claim that President Obama is somehow responsible for it is an unfair vast over simplification.

Quote:
With his policies and the threat of more such policy, he has destroyed more wealth than any human being in history, which is always what happens when you set out to redistribute wealth: you end up destroying it.
Again, and this is a staunch economic Libertarian who detests the very concept of redistribution of wealth talking, this is over simplifying complicated economics to the point of absurdity.

Quote:
He has brought us to the brink of the most massive tax increases in history and if we donít elect enough Republicans in November to stop him that is exactly what we will get.
The absurdity of that statement is laughable. The idea that Republicans are going to save us from Democrat tax hikes (or vice versa) is just stupid.

Quote:
He has forced through legislation without a single republican vote that may well destroy the finest health care system in history when all we needed were some measures to control costs.
What? How is this a complaint in a system founded on Representative Democracy?

Quote:
He has failed to form a policy to adequately deal with the vicious Mexican drug cartels that are essentially running parts of that nation and becoming an increasing threat to ours.
This might be a fair complaint if it wasn't worded in such alarmist tones. Yes I find recent events along the boarder very troubling.
Old 04 September 2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
This might be a fair complaint if it wasn't worded in such alarmist tones. Yes I find recent events along the boarder very troubling.
What do you think our government should do about the situation in Mexico that it hasn't done?
Old 04 September 2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderwoman View Post
What do you think our government should do about the situation in Mexico that it hasn't done?
Outlaw guns?
Old 04 September 2010, 02:05 PM
snopes minion

Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderwoman View Post
Invade Mexico and take over. Then there will be no border, so no immigration issues. And once the US is in charge, all the drugs, guns and gangs will automatically disappear! Just look at Los Angeles or New York or Chicago or Boston, for instance: no drugs, guns or gangs there, right?

Right?

*crickets*

Four Kitties
Old 05 September 2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post
4. He has forced through legislation without a single republican vote that may well destroy the finest health care system in history when all we needed were some measures to control costs.
(Bolding mine)

This is where I wasn't sure whether to laugh or gag. The US doesn't have a health care system, it has a money harvesting scheme masquerading as a health care system.

Nonny
Old 05 September 2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
What's he doing to the NHS?
Old 06 September 2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
7. He has traveled the world making apologies for America instead of defending its timeless and treasured ideals of freedom and peace for all nations of good will.
That's true, he hasn't continued his predecessor's policies of "We're the strongerest and God's on our side - we'll have our ways, NFBSK you!", but that's a rather good point in my books.
Old 07 September 2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
6. He has failed to form a policy to adequately deal with the vicious Mexican drug cartels that are essentially running parts of that nation and becoming an increasing threat to ours.
Nor has any previous president. The drug cartels didn't spring up in the last year; they've been a huge problem for more than a decade. You want an effective way of neutralizing the Mexican drug cartels? Legalize all drugs. Remove the insane profit margin of illegal drugs and you remove the criminals.

Bet that isn't the solution the author had in mind! (I'm assuming Lord Feldon wasn't the original author)
Old 07 September 2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks to the charge that Obama has "destroyed wealth," I now have a mental picture of the Obama family having a weenie roast over a pile of burning stock certificates, Treasury bonds, and cash. . .
Old 07 September 2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
3. He has brought us to the brink of the most massive tax increases in history and if we donít elect enough Republicans in November to stop him that is exactly what we will get.
Resetting taxes to the level they were at 11 years ago is "the most massive tax increase in history"?
Old 07 September 2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
5. He has divided America along racial lines in destructive ways and he is doing so again by suing Arizona over its attempt to control the drug trade and human smuggling trade threatening its security.
What? I thought the many of the people that dasagree with my stance on immigration reform and the Arizona law pertaining to it were of the same race as I.

Photo "Apparently suffering from race identity confusion" Bob
Old 07 September 2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
Resetting taxes to the level they were at 11 years ago is "the most massive tax increase in history"?
I suppose if you were the benefactors of such breaks you might think that.

did "and if you were suffering from amnesia or dimension" dy
Old 07 September 2010, 05:54 PM

The whole list seems like standard Tea Party fare. Long on alarmist rhetoric, short on factual citations. Doesn't really do much other than to preach to the choir.
Old 07 September 2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
The whole list seems like standard Tea Party fare.
Agreed. Pretty much "Obama is the worst president ever because I don't like him".
Old 07 September 2010, 08:20 PM

As for the "finest health care system in the world" remark, well, I suppose if you have money and a 1st rate health plan, it's pretty good, but if you have no heath insurance, you're probably better off in Mexico, or any one of several other 'developing' countries. Last I heard, we had something like number 20 in infant deaths, and we live shorter lives than people in Britain, France, and Canada do. Considering how similar we are to Canadians in almost every respect, those 2 extra years that Canadians live on average are primarily due to the fact that they all get heakth care when they need it.
Old 07 September 2010, 08:42 PM

Icon102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo Bob View Post
Agreed. Pretty much "Obama is the worst president ever because I don't like him he's black."
Sister "fixed that for you" Ray
Old 07 September 2010, 08:45 PM

This either originates from or is parroted by Ben Quayle, who also released an ad in which he stated that Obama is the worst president in the country's history.
Old 07 September 2010, 09:17 PM

Sometimes I wonder, if I quote mined the Founding Fathers enough, and fabricated some new quotes, and attributed the quotes to President Artemis M. Faulkner, could I trick teabaggers into believing he was a real person?
Old 07 September 2010, 09:37 PM

Whalephant

I have, more than once, tricked people into searching all over the park for the statue of former mayor "Thayer R. Nunn."

There Are None...

Silas