snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Politics

Old 25 June 2007, 09:16 AM

Mexico What are they thinking beside votes

Hope these 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read by the majority of Americans. Then they will have something to yell at their U.S. Congressmembers.

14 Reasons to Deport Illegal Aliens...

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for
Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American
wages are caused by the illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the United States . http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into
the U. S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period." http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...eportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ". http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

So using the LOWEST estimates, the annual cost OF ILLEGAL ALIENS is $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! So if deporting them costs between $206 and $230 BILLION DOLLARS, Hell get rid of em', We'll be ahead after the 1st year!!!

Please pass this on. Americans need to wake up!
Old 25 June 2007, 09:59 AM
Pseudo_Croat

So? What's the point? They'll just try to go back into the country again. Why not just make 'em legal - wouldn't that solve the problem?

Seriously, what's with all this hatred of illegal immigrants, anyway?

- Pseudo_Croat
Old 25 June 2007, 03:44 PM
Doug4.7

Icon202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo_Croat View Post
Because if you add up all the numbers (I dare you ) we could solve all our budget problems.

In other words, illegals are the reason for all of our problems. Get rid of them, then we will have no problems....
Old 25 June 2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ". http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

I'm curious what they want us to do with all the legal americans who commit sex crimes. Can we get rid of those too?
Old 25 June 2007, 04:13 PM
Doug4.7

Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo. View Post
I'm curious what they want us to do with all the legal americans who commit sex crimes. Can we get rid of those too?
My guess is "yes". Guilty of a crime (any crime)? Lose your citizenship and get deported.
Old 25 June 2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo. View Post
Maybe you could swap them?
Old 25 June 2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug4.7 View Post
My guess is "yes". Guilty of a crime (any crime)? Lose your citizenship and get deported.
To where? and more words
Old 25 June 2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Madeline View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug4.7 View Post
To where?
If you asked people who think that way, they'd probably say "the East Coast." After all, everybody knows them folks ain't real Amurrikans.
Old 25 June 2007, 07:06 PM
Rehcsif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo_Croat View Post
So? What's the point? They'll just try to go back into the country again. Why not just make 'em legal - wouldn't that solve the problem?

Is that a joke? While I"m not advocating some sort of mass-deportation, I don't understand people who don't even see the harm in folks who violate our country's laws to get here, and often pay no taxes and still feel free to use up health care and other govenment resources.

My ancestors worked hard to come here legally. Many others today still work hard to come here legally. Why should millions of others be able to "jump the fence" and do otherwise?

-Tim
Old 25 June 2007, 07:14 PM
Imagine20

I would really like to see the sex crimes statistic. I was doing rape research this morning for my job and came across a number that there were an average of about 220,000 rapes or attempted rapes in the US in 2005 and 2006. The 1 million figure seems a bit unlikely and that link is broken. What kind of crimes are they counting in that 1 million and how does it compare to the total number of sex crimes?

Oh, and it would be unconstitutional to take away one's citizenship because they committed a sex crime. Do you know how many people who were born and raised in this country turn out to be pedophiles and rapists? In my line of work, I deal with mainly with victims rights in response mainly to rape and child molestation. I've yet to come across a crime committed by an illegal alien.

I would also like to see statistics of the amount of taxes that illegal immigrants area paying (a lot of them have tax ID numbers) along with all of the revenue brought in by illegals who own businesses, homes, and have credit cards. Also, their purchasing power and how they're impacting local economies. Not to mention the college tuition paid by illegals or their children. There are a LOT of people in this country who don't even realize they're here illegally, because they came to the US as small children and were just never given citizenship.

Are we also counting people who are here as permanent residents, but don't have citizenship? There's a HUGE difference, but I've seen some news articles refering to people who are here with permanent residence as not citizens and thus here illegaly. (Ya, really.) The only difference between permanent residence and citizenship is no voting, no jury duty, and no US passport.
Old 25 June 2007, 07:50 PM

Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehcsif View Post
While I"m not advocating some sort of mass-deportation, I don't understand people who don't even see the harm in folks who violate our country's laws to get here, and often pay no taxes and still feel free to use up health care and other govenment resources.
How are they different from the citizens and legal residents who violate our country's laws, often pay no taxes, and still feel free to use up health care and other govenment resources?

- snopes
Old 25 June 2007, 08:03 PM
Rehcsif

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
How are they different from the citizens and legal residents who violate our country's laws, often pay no taxes, and still feel free to use up health care and other govenment resources?
Because they are neither citizens nor legal immigrants.

-Tim
Old 25 June 2007, 08:11 PM

Where do you come to your conclusion that they "often pay no taxes"? The only basis I can think of for that is the fact that their employers have to pay them under the table to avoid getting caught in their own illegal activity (hiring undocumented workers). That's a related issue, but a different one. And illegal immigrants working off the books are extremely unlikely to receive "health care and other government resources," either.
Old 25 June 2007, 08:54 PM
Rehcsif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Dave View Post
Where do you come to your conclusion that they "often pay no taxes"? The only basis I can think of for that is the fact that their employers have to pay them under the table to avoid getting caught in their own illegal activity (hiring undocumented workers). That's a related issue, but a different one. And illegal immigrants working off the books are extremely unlikely to receive "health care and other government resources," either.
It's very common for domestic workers, day laborers, etc. to be paid in cash. And beings they're here illegally, I doubt they're rushing to the IRS to pay their self-employment taxes...

And if one of them winds up hurt, sick, pregnant, etc. they will indeed use the services of the local hospital, which is required by law to give them at least minimal medical care.

-Tim
Old 25 June 2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
It's very common for domestic workers, day laborers, etc. to be paid in cash. And beings they're here illegally, I doubt they're rushing to the IRS to pay their self-employment taxes...

And if one of them winds up hurt, sick, pregnant, etc. they will indeed use the services of the local hospital, which is required by law to give them at least minimal medical care.

-Tim
Are you a Native American, that is, of one of the native "Indian" tribes? If not, you are here illegally too. You are no more a legal resident than the children of illegal immigrants from Mexico whose parents came here to pick tomatoes. Your ancestors likely committed crimes such as assault or murder of the native peoples who were on the land already, in addition to theft. Your ancestors likely did not respect the laws of the people inhabiting the land and resources that they wanted for themselves, so why should today's immigrants respect our laws?

I'm not in favor of reparations or bearing guilt for what past generations did. I am just pointing out the blatant and disgusting hypocrisy of the anti-illegal immigrant movement.
Old 25 June 2007, 09:03 PM
Rehcsif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleupp View Post
Are you a Native American, that is, of one of the native "Indian" tribes? If not, you are here illegally too. You are no more a legal resident than the children of illegal immigrants from Mexico whose parents came here to pick tomatoes. Your ancestors likely committed crimes such as assault or murder of the native peoples who were on the land already, in addition to theft. Your ancestors likely did not respect the laws of the people inhabiting the land and resources that they wanted for themselves, so why should today's immigrants respect our laws?

I'm not in favor of reparations or bearing guilt for what past generations did. I am just pointing out the blatant and disgusting hypocrisy of the anti-illegal immigrant movement.
So are you suggesting that we should not have any immigration laws at all? Because I find that having laws, but refusing to enforce them, is ridiculous. If we're not going to enforce them, and indeed accuse people who want to enforce them of being hypocritical, then we should just open the borders up wide and not have any such thing as "legal immigration".

-Tim
Old 25 June 2007, 10:25 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleupp View Post
. . . I'm not in favor of reparations or bearing guilt for what past generations did. I am just pointing out the blatant and disgusting hypocrisy of the anti-illegal immigrant movement.
Only a very, very few want to deport the children of illegal immigrants. The rest of us, while opposing illegal immigration, do not extend the sins of the fathers to the children. If we did, we might be guilty of your charge of hypocrisy, but as we don't, we aren't.

Silas
Old 25 June 2007, 10:31 PM

Ponder

Quote:
So are you suggesting that we should not have any immigration laws at all?
I have not formulated an opinion or support for either side. Unlike many others, I do not claim to have the answers on this issue. I can see that the way things are set up now, is harmful to citizens, immigrants, and families. But I do think that it would be better to err on the side of helping others in need, and that America as a whole can certainly afford it when compared to the economies of other nations of the world. This is my unstudied opinion, though - I'm no economist.

Some Americans seem to have this moral superiority complex about being American citizens and forget that it is only by the grace of DOYC that they were born into this nation instead of on a desert floor to a mother desperate for help. I just always try to see why people do things that they do, even if those things are illegal.

I also think that the line of reasoning that says "Mexican immigrants will do the work Americans are unwilling to do!" sounds just a hop and a skip away from slavery, in my book. YMMV.
Old 25 June 2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
and often pay no taxes and still feel free to use up health care and other govenment resources.

-Tim

I defy you to find one immigrate family in the US that pays no taxes (unless they live in the streets and purchase no food or other products.)

Now, if you wish to say they pay no income tax, you might find a few examples, but many are paid through payroll, which deducts federal and state income taxes.

It's fantastic that your family was so virtuious, but, had the U.S. not been screwing Mexico for the past couple of hundred of years, this situation would not have existed, so, yeah, I'm a bit more sympathetic to the immigrates than I am to those who oppose them
Old 26 June 2007, 04:21 AM
Seraphina

Anybody who thinks that you could deport 8 million people, and not create enormous problem for the USA economy, is dreaming. To start with many have been there for decades, have jobs or their own business, pay taxes etc. The more recent arrivals may do day jobs for cash in the hand, but do not tell me they are paid well. The person who benefits from this arrangement is not the illegal worker but the US citizen who gets cheap labour. I wonder how many US businesses would go bust if all these people were deported, because they could not find workers or because there would be 8 million people less to buy their product/services.

Also, this may be a good opportunity for somebody to explain to me why when i am surfing the net I often get this very annoying pop-up enticing me to apply for a green card? It cannot be killed off on what ever I click.
If the USA is so desperate to give away green cards, why not give them to the people who are desperate to stay in the USA????