snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 23 January 2019, 12:15 AM

Default Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel - Atop the Fourth Wall

IIRC, we have some Phineas & Ferb fans here, so I thought I'd post this. Linkara reviews the P&F/Avengers crossover episodes. Enjoy!

Old 23 January 2019, 05:05 AM

I really wanted to like that show (and not only because I was being emotionally cajoled into watching it by a small person). But every time that horrifying stereotype of an Indian-American boy came up I was like, ugh, there's only so much cringing I can do. Hardly the only show that has this but, frankly, I don't want to watch any of the others either and I wasn't really expecting a Family Guy kind of moment watching a kids' show - especially almost every show. (And especially since it doesn't really shine in terms of diversity to begin with. I get that there's few people of colour in the Frozen world but aren't P&F supposed to be North American suburban school kids??)

Last edited by ganzfeld; 23 January 2019 at 05:12 AM.
Old 23 January 2019, 05:08 AM

I hear you. It's not really adding diversity to a show when you're relying on ethnic stereotypes.