snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > About This Site > Snopes Spotting

Old 21 January 2010, 04:03 AM

Default Snopes on The Daily Show tonight

Did anyone else notice this? Jon Stewart was talking to Jim Wallis, an author, and in reference to Pat Robertson's Haiti comments said:

"Apparently Pat Robertson doesn't go on Snopes.com, you could pretty much debunk..."

He trailed off there, that was the whole statement, I thought it was cool.

ETA: I probably should have said "mentioned" in the title If you guys ever do go on TDS, holla at a brother in advance!
Old 21 January 2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Ng View Post
{snip} If you guys ever do go on TDS, holla at a brother in advance!
As far as your impression of me, you're dead-on with the rhythm and inflection, but you need just a bit more bass in the vocals.

- P
Old 21 January 2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaDiddle View Post
As far as your impression of me, you're dead-on with the rhythm and inflection, but you need just a bit more bass in the vocals.

- P
I happen to say that frequently. Is there an alternate way of telling someone to contact you?

Perhaps that's interfering with me getting interview callbacks...
Old 21 January 2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I happen to say that frequently. Is there an alternate way of telling someone to contact you?
Not as far I'm concerned!

Quote:
Perhaps that's interfering with me getting interview callbacks...
I have a habit of vacillating between my professional voice* and my hangin' with the fellas voice. People tell me I don't have much of a southern/urban accent (I can hear it), but I still sometimes get the single raised eyebrow during that first face-to-face meeting.

One time, a cop came to my firehouse after we had spoke on the phone. My driver and I arrived at the front door almost simultaneously, but the cop addressed him as "Captain ParaDiddle?" I used to get that all the time from colleagues of my ex-wife(s).

- P

*In my head it's Lou Rawls, when I hear the recording it's Avery Brooks

Last edited by ParaDiddle; 21 January 2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 21 January 2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Did anyone else notice this?
I did! Shout out to Snopes! I really think Mr Stewart should join us on the message boards. that'd be hella fun.
Old 21 January 2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo. View Post
I did! Shout out to Snopes! I really think Mr Stewart should join us on the message boards. that'd be hella fun.
Well, that would certainly be entertaining... I can just see him registering as "Jon Stewart," posting something in this thread about the show, and everyone else then not believing it was him. Stewart would then post a video of himself saying that it's really him, we'd try to debunk it, et cetera...

Seriously though, if I was Jon Stewart or anyone else on TDS, and I had an account on this forum I'd probably do everything I could to hide my identity. It would be kind of difficult to post about UL's or engage in heated political debates with a few thousand people asking if you're doing to mention them on that night's show.
Old 21 January 2010, 04:11 PM

Now that we know you are actually John Stewart, rujasu, are your going to mention me on the show?
Old 21 January 2010, 05:39 PM

Icon27

I caught it. I got all excited and thought, hey I should step over to snopes and post it, but then realized that several seconds had already past, so at least 7 people would have already posted it. Ya gots to be quick around here, I tells ya.

Quote:
I really think Mr Stewart should join us on the message boards. that'd be hella fun.
Has anyone ever seen snopes and Stewart in the same room at the same time, well have they, hunnnh?

Ali "just asking" Baba
Old 24 January 2010, 08:25 AM
Barbara

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rujasu View Post
Well, that would certainly be entertaining... I can just see him registering as "Jon Stewart," posting something in this thread about the show, and everyone else then not believing it was him. Stewart would then post a video of himself saying that it's really him, we'd try to debunk it, et cetera...
On one of those rare days when snopes has time on his hands, do prompt him to tell you about his first interaction with Roger McGuinn of the Byrds.