snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 08 May 2018, 07:49 PM

I've always assumed the two-sink setup was so that both people in a married couple can take care of their ablutions simultaneously, without one having to wait for the other to finish using the sink. Like he can be shaving at one sink while she brushes her teeth at the other.
Old 08 May 2018, 07:52 PM

Thorny, I don't get it either but if you go by the House Hunter and house flipper type shows two sinks in the en suite (and of course one MUST have an en suite) are essential and a house won't sell without it. From what I see it's nothing to do with using a sink to wash out the delicates or to house a cat. Apparently all partners have to spend every moment of their time together (when he isn't in his man cave and she isn't counting her shoes in her huge walk in closet). The notion that adults might prefer some privacy while in the master bathroom seems to be an old fashioned one apparently!
Old 08 May 2018, 07:52 PM

Glasses

The frill I really like is a separate cubicle for the toilet, so that someone can be using the sink while the toilet is occupied, or use the shower while leaving the toilet free (although I suppose that depends on the design of the bathroom).

Seaboe
Old 08 May 2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
I've always assumed the two-sink setup was so that both people in a married couple can take care of their ablutions simultaneously, without one having to wait for the other to finish using the sink. Like he can be shaving at one sink while she brushes her teeth at the other.
That was my assumption, too. I live my privacy, but if you both have to get ready at the same time, it's easier if one of you doesn't have to go down the hall (where you might have to compete with other household members for that sink).

ETA: Am I the only one who's narrowly missed spitting on/getting spit on by an SO during toothbrushing?
Old 08 May 2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
I guess I don't think of either of those things as requiring constant sink access. Most of the time when I'm brushing my teeth, I don't need the sink and may move away from it. And isn't most of the shaving issue a matter of access to the mirror? -- maybe not if it's not an electric shaver, I suppose.

But that does make more sense than anything I came up with. And it seems confirmed by Lainie. Thanks, both of you.
Old 08 May 2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
I guess I don't think of either of those things as requiring constant sink access. Most of the time when I'm brushing my teeth, I don't need the sink and may move away from it. And isn't most of the shaving issue a matter of access to the mirror? -- maybe not if it's not an electric shaver, I suppose.

But that does make more sense than anything I came up with. And it seems confirmed by Lainie. Thanks, both of you.
The problem for me isn't that there might well be reasons why two sinks makes sense, it's the attitude that two sinks are Absolutely Essential. When they see one sink it's like they think they still have to pump water and the privy is just short walk away down the back garden .
Old 08 May 2018, 09:15 PM

Two sinks makes it a little easier for two people to brush their teeth simultaneously without the risk of bonking heads while going in for the spit. I wouldn't remodel a bathroom just to put in a second sink, but I'm enjoying that feature in my new apartment.
Old 08 May 2018, 09:40 PM

I finally get DirecTV tomorrow(I got Spectrum internet last week).
Closed Thread