snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 13 May 2018, 08:13 PM

Gee, how was that legal?
Old 14 May 2018, 01:27 AM

I had some stamps and some return address labels sitting on top of a pile of stuff in the top drawer my small, two drawer file cabinet. When I opened the drawer to get a return address label they all slid off and fell down into the gap next to the drawer. I managed to retrieve the address labels from the bottom drawer, but I can't find the stamps. Now I'll need to go to the post office to get more the next time I have to mail something, like say my vote by mail ballot.
Old 14 May 2018, 02:15 AM

Mouse

My momís birthday falls either on Mothersí Day or very close to it, causing me to scramble when it comes to presents. You just couldnít have stayed in another week, could you, Mom?
Old 14 May 2018, 02:59 AM

My mom's birthday is tomorrow, so I have the same problem. And I kind of forgot about them until yesterday, leading to a mad dash to find gifts that Amazon could get there not too late.
Old 14 May 2018, 01:38 PM

I have the same problem but my mother solved it for us years ago. We celebrate her birthday now with presents and cake etc and we "do" mothers day a little later in the month with a dinner out somewhere. It made everybody's lives a little easier when her daughters became mothers themselves and now some of them are grandmothers so Mother's Day can get really complicated between mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers. mothers-in-law and so on and so on.
Old 14 May 2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
My voting place is at my old job location. I could wander over during lunch or any other break and just pop in to vote and be done with it. Now I have to- ugh- *go after work.*
Until 2004, my polling place was next door before some idjit torched the place(he'd just been charged with felony DWI and was facing expulsion from chiropractic college, so he thought if he burned down the town hall, he'd destroy the evidence).
Old 14 May 2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzfeld View Post
Gee, how was that legal?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...mp/uk-36370522

Quote:
[Lady Hale] added: "We do have considerable sympathy for the situation in which the applicants find themselves. We understand that this is something that concerns them deeply, but we cannot discern a legal basis for challenging this statute (2015 Act)."

More than two million British expats are affected by the decision, which marks the end of the legal battle for an expat's right to vote.
Old 14 May 2018, 02:44 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
they all slid off and fell down into the gap next to the drawer.
Doesn't the drawer come out? I don't think I've ever seen a file cabinet where the drawer doesn't come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
My momís birthday falls either on Mothersí Day or very close to it.
Sometimes I have to share my birthday with Mother's day.

Seaboe
Old 14 May 2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
Sometimes I have to share my birthday with Mother's day.
Are you the oldest?
Old 14 May 2018, 07:25 PM

Glasses

Nope. The youngest.

Seaboe
Old 15 May 2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
My momís birthday falls either on Mothersí Day or very close to it, causing me to scramble when it comes to presents. You just couldnít have stayed in another week, could you, Mom?
This year Mum and Dad's anniversary were on the same day and Mum's Birthday a week after. I am still working out what to get for her birthday. It must of been more difficult when my brother and I were too young to get her presents and Dad was responsible for all the gifts.

I will go to the shops tomorrow.
Old 17 May 2018, 03:17 PM

Someone in the office has cooked bacon and it is not me.
Old 17 May 2018, 06:36 PM

Glasses

In Windows 7, it took 12 seconds to get to the point during the logon where I could safely remove my badge and go get breakfast.

In Windows 10, it takes 15.

Seaboe
Old 18 May 2018, 05:46 AM

Concerning log-on, my computer es very much faster under Windows 10 than it was under Windows 7. Especially so when I work from home and need to log-on to my private wifi first - under Windows 7 I was able to go and get me a coffe before the damn thing found the wifi and remembered that it's supposed to log on to that. Now, the same machine is connected and with internet access before I can take of my jacket!

That is a first world problem because: no coffee!
Old 21 May 2018, 02:27 AM

Mouse

I keep trying to figure out if last Fridayís episode was the last episode of Agents of SHIELD or if it was just a season finale. It would make a good conclusion to the series and the show had a satisfying run, so I wouldnít complain too much if it is, but Iím hearing different things and I want to make sure. :tries desperately not to reveal spoilers:
Old 21 May 2018, 02:47 AM

It was made before they found out whether or not the show was going to get another season, so it had to be able to function as a series finale. The next season apparently isn't going to air until after Avengers: Return of the Electric Thanos Boogaloo.
Old 21 May 2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I keep trying to figure out if last Friday’s episode was the last episode of Agents of SHIELD or if it was just a season finale.
'Agents of SHIELD' Renewed for Abbreviated Sixth Season at ABC
Quote:
The Marvel drama will return for 13 episodes in summer 2019.
Old 21 May 2018, 05:18 PM

My UK twin has ordered from a store, which has kindly sent me the confirmation of the order, the confirmation the order has been deployed and a confirmation that the order is now ready to be picked up from the chosen store.

I cannot reply to the email and it seems the only way I can contact the store, is by waiting "in line" for a chat with customer services.

So I will continue to delete all emails from this company. And hopefully my twin will someday figure out her own email, so I can stop receiving emails for my BBC license, the job-hunting site and now the pet supply company.
Old 21 May 2018, 07:19 PM

Ugh. I have had similar issues with my email address. I think there may actually be two people who can't seem to use their own correct email addresses, unless the usual one has moved.

Last week I was notified about two online purchases (from the same company) being sent to someone I never heard of in a distant state, and a related sign-up for a motivational program. The latter allowed for a reply, so I replied and told them it was the wrong email, use of my email was unauthorized, to please delete my email from their system, and that using an email confirmation system would prevent this problem. I got an apology and an assurance that I would get no further emails from them. A few hours later, I got shipment notification for the orders. . . .
Old 21 May 2018, 07:31 PM

I once got an email from a bank in Texas, confirming that I'd opened an account there. After I called and straightened it out, I did some online research and was able to make a pretty good guess about who really opened the account: same last name, her first name was Elaina.