snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Social Studies

Old 11 August 2017, 08:24 PM

Neener, Neener Women get the last laugh after a man books 6 dates in 1 night

Six women have quite the tale of looking for love in the 21st century. They claim one man, whom they only refer to by his first name, Justin, scheduled back to back dates with all of them on the same night, in the exact same Washington, D.C. bar.

But it was the women who got the last laugh.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wome...ry?id=49110178
Old 11 August 2017, 09:12 PM

Great job, but I hav ea maybe stupid question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The article
"When Raven showed up, the three of us quickly realized we were on a 3-on-1 date and we decided to turn our date night into a girl’s night and left him with the tab," Incorvaia said on "GMA."
How did they leave him with the tab if they all went to a different bar?
Old 11 August 2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
"When I went up to him, I introduced myself as date number five and he immediately said, ‘Oh, you’re already cut,’" Woody recalled. "So quickly I realized I was on a dating reality show that I didn’t even sign up for."
God's gift to women or what . I'm amazed he didn't have a bunch of roses with him.

And I bet he describes himself as a "nice guy".
Old 11 August 2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
Great job, but I hav ea maybe stupid question.

How did they leave him with the tab if they all went to a different bar?
I think they meant the tab from that specific encounter not from the whole night.
Old 11 August 2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psihala View Post
Six women have quite the tale of looking for love in the 21st century. They claim one man, whom they only refer to by his first name, Justin, scheduled back to back dates with all of them on the same night, in the exact same Washington, D.C. bar.
I swear that sounds like an episode of Three's Company.
Old 11 August 2017, 10:07 PM

Yeah, I'm sort of imagining the TV guide description: "Wackiness ensues as Jack makes dates for six girls on the same night."
Old 11 August 2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I think they meant the tab from that specific encounter not from the whole night.
Thanks. I guess I just assumed that he would be paying for the drinks for each applicant candidate woman anyway.

Though I am neither young or a lady, if I were both I would be more than happy to pay to have an opportunity for a preliminary discussion with this fine catch.

ETA: I think there was an episode where Jack was having a date in the kitchen and a food critic or potential employer in the living room. I don't remember the details but I know there was something where he kept running back and forth, and the guy he was trying to impress for professional reasons was definitely on the couch.
Old 11 August 2017, 10:26 PM

Malcolm once ended up with two dates to the same dance on Malcolm in the Middle. He said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm in the Middle
Oh, man, I've got two dates to the Spring Dance. It's sort of like that old episode of... well, every show.
That's also the top quote on the TV Tropes page for Two-Timer Date. Three's Company is listed there as it happening more than once, but it doesn't get deep into it.
Old 12 August 2017, 12:50 AM

It's called "speed dating", isn't it? Maybe there wasn't a speed-dating night available where he was, so he improvised his own.

"Dating" isn't such a thing in the UK, or at least, it wasn't. These days it is, and I can see why this was awkward, but it does seem to fit the spirit of the "dating" concept, even if he'd have done better to bring five of his male friends with him.