snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Techno-Babble

Old 09 October 2018, 12:34 PM

Icon09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad from Georgia View Post
Years ago a bunch of us working for a state agency had to take a polygraph test. A friend of mine was first up and he came back having passed, impressed that the operator had first demonstrated the machine's omnipotence by having him pick a card from a deck and by asking only a very few questions identifying it as the nine of diamonds.

My turn came after lunch, and I had to pick a card, too. Huh. Nine of diamonds. Instead of replacing it in the deck as instructed, I grabbed about six cards and fanned them. I asked the operator if our agency boss knew he was playing with a deck of 52 nines of diamonds. He unhooked me and told me I had passed.

BUSTED! I guess passing you was the price you charged for your silence.